Register to Comment
Page 52 of 292 FirstFirst ... 2 425051525354 62 102 152 ... LastLast

Small piece of relevance to DSE in Phoenix tomorrow, In typical Phoenix style it takes an issue and then hypocritically twists it to suit. Lucinda will pleased though gets a photo in.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Cllr - CRAI meeting cancelled this week. Didn't you know? My diary is very full these days. It was a shame no one told JG. I can assure you big jim will never be allowed into a CRAI meeting again unless it is with his head on a plate!

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Proudhon
    Cllr - CRAI meeting cancelled this week. Didn't you know? My diary is very full these days. It was a shame no one told JG. I can assure you big jim will never be allowed into a CRAI meeting again unless it is with his head on a plate!
    Pierre my dear man I was referring to the AGM of the Bath Avenue and District Residents Association that was held last night and attended by myself and Kevin for Labour, RQ was away and sent apologies,Michael Mc D for the PD's, Lucinda for FG, John Gormely for the Greens, Dathai D for SF and Jim O'Callaghan and Chris Andrews for FF.

Given that the Chair of the meeting is one of the leading members of CRAI there was certainly no obvious hostility to JO'C. Truth is most people were restating positions previously outlined. As a Councillor irrespective of any moods or feelings towards individual reps I believe it to be important to attend and engage on issues that are relevant to our work on the City Council.

I sincerely salute all those who work voluntarily at Community levelto make their areas better places. Looking forward already to a continued positive working relation with CRAI and BADRA over the coming years.

You are an over inflated windbag. The Badra meeting last night was a disgrace, as it always is. If that is the kind of politics you like than I wish you a speedy politic demise.

Pierre - were you there ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Proudhon
    You are an over inflated windbag. The Badra meeting last night was a disgrace, as it always is. If that is the kind of politics you like than I wish you a speedy politic demise.
    Pierre,

It would be profoundly wrong of me, as an elected representative to interfere in the interanl workings of any Residents Association. I work with whatever groups local communities determine. Sometimes I disagree with them and sometimes not. For example on the issue of Lansdowne Stadium I work with the two bodies concerned in this immediate area: BADRA and the Boundary Group and have both agreed and disagreed with both on aspects of this development.

The kind of politics I like is where honest politicians work with local representative groups and try to do the best for the area and in the best interest of Dublin a City I am committed too.

That is why I prefer Local Government. You have every right to have the opinion you have in the first and last lines of your posting but am not sure why you relate them specifically to last night.

What I'd like to know is was Pierre there last night and if so, do we know who he is ?

revereie the candidate you were infatuated with is a bigger disgrace. After winning a seat in LE2004 he abandons the local community to stage an American style campaign for FF nomination. As a constituent of his I have done nothing else but tell my neighbours how reprehensible the man is for this action. Then when he loses he goes AWOL. He should resign his seat immediately and give it to a more deserving FF man.

Pierre - it would seem that you're equally mistaken as to the facts re the councillor I was helping, as you are with Cllr here.

So, back on topic - were you at this meeting then with cllr ?

My facts are correct. Keegan must go now or in 2009.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment