Register to Comment
Page 194 of 292 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184192193194195196 204 244 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2916

Well in that case, are you going to show us when last MRBI overstated FG support in any national election? Put up or shut up.
    I suspect we may well see that in 2007. :wink:
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by FutureTaoiseach
    Well in that case, are you going to show us when last MRBI overstated FG support in any national election? Put up or shut up.
    I suspect we may well see that in 2007. :wink:

So you can't answer, in other words. Wonder why that is.

Also, I notice you haven't answered any of the other points I made to you - so I assume you accept that you're wrong on those too.

Quote Originally Posted by misty
    Quinn.

DD is out of the running, they are calling him
    "Daithi DO NOTHING " which I think is a little unfair.
    I've heard a few other comments about SF's groundwork slowing recently, and in Galway they seem to have disappeared altogether. Is this happening in other places too?

[Cllr does not seem to be out canvassing much,I dont believe that but can he comment on this?[/quote]

Hi Misty,

Your question is somewhat difficult to answer as a lot depends on what you mean by canvassing or indeed expect from your Public Reps. I have never gone down that manic canvasing all the time road. I do however regularly issue specific or area specific leafletting and follow up door calling. I also attend any meetings etc I am meant to attend. Last week for example I attended meetings/ met residents groups every single day -except Friday when I was in Waterford for a Regional Assembly meeting.

There are many different ways to canvass and while I agree that it is imperative that Public Reps keep in regular touch I believe that the new situation that sees Public Reps constantly canvassing and in many cases ignoring the Fora to which they are presently elected to be plain wrong.

Hope that answers your question and even more hope that I have assessed Pembroke and how that area wishes to be represented accurately

Quote Originally Posted by cllr

There are many different ways to canvass and while I agree that it is imperative that Public Reps keep in regular touch I believe that the new situation that sees Public Reps constantly canvassing and in many cases ignoring the Fora to which they are presently elected to be plain wrong.
    Cllr, If I didn't know you so well. I'd think you were saying that kevin does that.

they are calling him "Daithi DO NOTHING " which I think is a little unfair.
    There's a great wee bit in Outfoxed where it exposes the use of words/phrases like 'they', 'some people', 'lots of people', 'everyone' do this that or the other thing without attributing it to anyone. The question as to whether it is malicious misrepresentation or simple foolishness is one that must be judged for oneself.

The answer the two question first from Jim84 No I was not referring to Kevin and secondly Yes Misty I have and will be canvassing actively for Ruairi Quinn - the habit of nearly thirty years has not dimmed yet.

Do you agree or disagree with me?
    I don't want to come across as rude, but I don't take you seriously.

I've read most of the DSE posts over the time and there are some posters on it who have, in my opinion, a fairly balanced, reasonable and informed approach to the thread. Mostly Labour people it has to be said. I can't take the FF infighting on this thread seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by cllr
    [Cllr does not seem to be out canvassing much,I dont believe that but can he comment on this?
    Hi Misty,

Your question is somewhat difficult to answer as a lot depends on what you mean by canvassing or indeed expect from your Public Reps. I have never gone down that manic canvasing all the time road. I do however regularly issue specific or area specific leafletting and follow up door calling. I also attend any meetings etc I am meant to attend. Last week for example I attended meetings/ met residents groups every single day -except Friday when I was in Waterford for a Regional Assembly meeting.

Hope that answers your question and even more hope that I have assessed Pembroke and how that area wishes to be represented accurately[/quote]

Was speaking to a pal of mine who is a county councillor in the Netherlands. She's been elected twice to her county council, and has never canvassed once. The question she asked was that if Irish county council seats are, like the Netherlands, part time jobs, and one is canvassing all the time, when does one get time to actually be a councillor? When I explained the work load that goes with the job, she remarked that it wasn't that surprising that so few ordinary citizens get actively involved in local politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepherd
    Was speaking to a pal of mine who is a county councillor in the Netherlands. She's been elected twice to her county council, and has never canvassed once. The question she asked was that if Irish county council seats are, like the Netherlands, part time jobs, and one is canvassing all the time, when does one get time to actually be a councillor? When I explained the work load that goes with the job, she remarked that it wasn't that surprising that so few ordinary citizens get actively involved in local politics.
    Was she elected on a party list system?

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment