Register to Comment
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    Would you all be so smart if you woke in the middle of the night and heard someone downstairs?

Would you f*ck. It would be 999 before you had time to realise you had wet yourselves!
    some of the smarter ones of us live in a bungalow
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by venusian View Post
    Mods if I have posted this on a incorrect forum, apologies and please move

Anytime I am in or travelling through town on a Monday to Friday this Garda vehicle is dumped in the middle of O'Connell St opposite the G.P.O

Why is it there?

It apparently has no purpose. Is it used as a canteen for the local Gardai "guarding" the G.P.O. perhaps for taking a nap due to the arduous duty?

Is it supposed to be a visual deterrent to crime?

If it is, it is less than useless, the Daniel O Connell statue at the O'Connell bridge end of the street is normally surrounded by junkies drinking from cans, vodka filled coffee cups etc, whilst shouting and carousing with frequent scuffles breaking out amongst them. No sign of any Gardai bothering to move them on. Nor is there any sign of Gardai doing anything to stop the fare paying passengers of the Luas on Abbey Street being hassled by junkies

The traffic lights at the Spire suffers all day from the abuse by typical law breaking cyclists, engaging in anti-social behaviour, riding through the red lights, blatantly ignoring pedestrians as they attempt to cross the road and putting their lives in danger. Last week I witnessed a young girl having her mobile stolen by a thug on a bike at the Spire.

Walk up North Earl St and witness the all-day drug dealing, again another street filled with junkies.

Stroll on up Talbot St and its more of the same along with frequent fights.

So why leave this Garda vehicle dumped in front of the G.P.O. when all it does is highlight the totally ineffectual and lack of a police presence in the centre of town?

Answers please on a postcards c/o politics.ie
    Don't you know that it looks good to have that vehicle on show. Don't you also know that these poor overworked invisible people are hard at work signing dole and password forms, fighting the innocent people in Ballinaboy who are trying to protect their health, their property and the land surrounding. Now you cannot expect these Gardai to go out into the streets to fight crime while they are so occupied.
    At least you know that there must be someone to drive the damn van in O' Connell St.
    We, in Mayo haven't seen a Garda in my town since the St. Patrick's day parade.
    Count yourself lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by jo9jo View Post
    some of the smarter ones of us live in a bungalow
    Not too much "upstairs" then. Well you know what I mean!

Quote Originally Posted by Orbit v2 View Post
    Are there any guards in it? If yes, then it is probably a useful location for them to 'hang around' waiting for incidents to deal with. If there's nobody in it, then yes, perhaps there is a problem.
    I did see a person go up to, tap on the door but apparently there was no sign of life within (cue zombie Garda jokes!) as the same individual then strolled over to the Garda outside of the GPO supporting the wall by leaning with his back to it!

The van is clearly a weird form of an existentialist puzzle to ponder the meaning of existence of any form of Garda life or policing in the area when there are multiple anti-social crimes being commited, it looks likes its there, it appears to be there, it must have a purpose but to all intents and purposes it has been totally useless!

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    Would you all be so smart if you woke in the middle of the night and heard someone downstairs?

Would you f*ck. It would be 999 before you had time to realise you had wet yourselves!
    I am a dab hand with a baseball bat but I get your drift, i would be reaching for the safety catch on my revolver and with a bit of luck after the last time I harangued my liar of a FG TD and requested them that they personally send Phil Hogan around with one of his threatening letters, well maybe my dream would come true and I would find him on my property!

Quote Originally Posted by Tawdy View Post
    Well, what actual proof do you have that it is a real garda vehicle, did you see who parked it there? Did you observe any garda in the vicinity of this vehicle?
    Good point, perhaps it is a camoflaged Fg/"labour" minister car and they hope it won't be stoned, burnt out etc

Next time I am near it I will stab it with a screwdriver, perhaps its made of cardboard, it certainly won't bother the Gardai as they are never there anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Lain2016 View Post
    I think you're right, its there in the place of actual cops...showing a Garda presence...now you see 'em...now you dont

The Sinn Fein and 2016 crowd are upset and outraged at all the crime and bank robberies going on!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    No it wasn't.
    You are correct. I misremembered - it was moved to off topic/chat.

And it generated 27 pages of discussion, most of it very much on topic.

Garda headquarters !

I think the guards should arrest the judges that give out parole to scobies with 90 previous convictions and see if the people revolt? They won't, only the legal parasites that depend on parole and free legal aid would be up in arms, all that easy taxpayers money closed off?

In fact the guards should seize Anglo/Nama/INBS/AIB and close them down and let the scobies they arrest run these bust banks with the deal being if they make a profit they keep it. Scobie would be around Quinn/Fingleton/Seanie's house in the morning looking for the money or else? I bet any money remaining would turn up pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by asset test View Post
    I know I shouldn't, but this thread is hilarious. Perfect for a Sunday night laugh a minute.
    How about some cardboard or plastic Garda cut outs to increase visability?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment