Register to Comment
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

It it time for Dolphin House to be demolished and rebuilt?

Nearly 45% of residents in Dublin's Dolphin House complex have health problems as a result of damp and sewage in their homes, according to a survey.

This is wrong on so many Levels. Citizens of Ireland in this day and age should not have to live in these condidtions, shame on past and previous Governments to let this continue on. In 1969 'The Dublin Housing Action Committee' was formed to stand against housing shortages in Ireland's Capital City after it arose from concerns about the serious shortage of affordable housing in the Capital. In addition, the DHAC raised the issue of a large number of properties in which where standing empty and with this information they called for a housing emergency to be declared, a prohibition on demolishing sound living accommodation, and an immediate halt to the building of prestige office blocks. As things stand we have plenty of empty houses in Dublin and just like The DHAC's calls Dolphin House and possibly other complexes could be put into near enough the same context as 1969.

In Dublin alone we have hundreds of empty housing units we could avail of so i think its time to sort this problem out.

Thoughts?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Lucan Lefty View Post
    Nearly 45% of residents in Dublin's Dolphin House complex have health problems as a result of damp and sewage in their homes, according to a survey.

This is wrong on so many Levels. Citizens of Ireland in this day and age should not have to live in these condidtions, shame on past and previous Governments to let this continue on. In 1969 'The Dublin Housing Action Committee' was formed to stand against housing shortages in Ireland's Capital City after it arose from concerns about the serious shortage of affordable housing in the Capital. In addition, the DHAC raised the issue of a large number of properties in which where standing empty and with this information they called for a housing emergency to be declared, a prohibition on demolishing sound living accommodation, and an immediate halt to the building of prestige office blocks. As things stand we have plenty of empty houses in Dublin and just like The DHAC's calls Dolphin House and possibly other complexes could be put into near enough the same context as 1969.

In Dublin alone we have hundreds of empty housing units we could avail of so i think its time to sort this problem out.

Thoughts?
    They should declare themselves 'Asylum Seekers'

On a more serious note its disgraceful Irish People are housed like this in the year 2012!

Absolutely. Tear 'em down. I live a stone's throw away over the canal and the residents of those flats deserve a hell of a whole lot more than that. Don't know if you've seen it Lucan Lefty, but there's a mini doc by Rialto Rights in Action on youtube in three parts. Here's Part One, which'll give you sidebar links to the rest:

Empty houses in Drogheda Dundalk Ardee Navan Kingscourt Carrickmacross in a few years will be rotten to the ground they are some i know of and they are thoustands around the country like this.

they dont vote
    no one cares

demolished yes. rebuilt no.

plenty of NAMA homes available.

Its a disgrace that people have to live in s hit like this today.

mr. jings i'm from Crumlin so i am well aware of the Barn mate.

They should have been torn down and rebuild a decade ago - we had the money to do it then, we don't now, so I don' see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by neiphin View Post
    they dont vote
    no one cares
    Yes the old saying, i was out canvassing in SWIC a few years back and i met a Labour Candidate and he seen me come out of Oliver Bond and his question was 'What are you doing in their sure they don't Vote' shocking stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
    demolished yes. rebuilt no.

plenty of NAMA homes available.

Its a disgrace that people have to live in s hit like this today.
    Many Residents are generations in the Barn so they will want to stay.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment