Register to Comment
Page 1 of 24 123 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Something smells with the DCC and Greyhound waste collecton joke "service"

DCC handed over a lucrative contract to Greyhound for a "seamless" takeover of DCC's waste mis-management service.

The non-service so far has been an unmitigated farce

Never mind having a left or right wing viewpoint, I think it is a thundering disgrace that people were presented with a letter co-signed by DCC and Greyhound advising them of the take over with no mention of how the deal was done, no mention of the option to decline Greyhounds service, no information on any other Waste collection company. It was presented as a fait accompli, nothing less, that you have to take Greyhound or else!

Anyone any info if there was even a tender process?
    Anyone any info of how and why it was rewarded to Greyhound and the criteria involved?
    Anyone any info at all as there appears to be complete silence on relevant details of the deal, a disgrace when it involves public money, we have a right to know.

Before I go chasing FOI's I have asked my joke local councillors to get some information for me...some how I think I willl be waiting

DCC's joke councillors are a total disgrace and not worth a single penny as they were totally useless in any way in helping out the people who voted for them in the local elections by letting this one slip through. There was zippo information from councillors on the issue and they are only getting a teensy weenie bit involved now after the event.

Comments please on the subject
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

You may have missed this thread already open on this issue?

DCC bin collection highlights the madness at the heart of the CPA

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Peaks View Post
    You may have missed this thread already open on this issue?

DCC bin collection highlights the madness at the heart of the CPA
    I was hoping for some info on the dirty deal that was done...

Thank you for pointing it out but it appears to be just another thread bashing the Creaky Park Agreement and sometimes Civilised Public servants!

welcome to the real world- Dublin because of its rates base has been able to subsidise an uneconomic service- we haev very efficient and reasonable private collection service her in west of Ireland fro past 10 years with no issues and collections on bank holidays etc. the tender would be of scale that would be subject to eu guidelines so i doubt there would be any short cut- one would assume that it is to save public money that it was tendered out

Same with Fingal. Do we get a tax cut now that we get less in terms of service?

Quote Originally Posted by venusian View Post
    I was hoping for some info on the dirty deal that was done...

Thank you for pointing it out but it appears to be just another thread bashing the Creaky Park Agreement and sometimes Civilised Public servants!

Ah no, it goes into some details on the deal done.

Give it a read, I am not affected by this but found the thread interesting.

The councillors were told in late November and voted against it several times, as well as calling meetings with the manager. From what I can gather they weren't given much information themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by mido View Post
    one would assume that it is to save public money that it was tendered out
    More likely that DCC didn't have the balls to raise prices. Easier to privatise it and deflect the political fallout.

Quote Originally Posted by venusian View Post
    DCC handed over a lucrative contract to Greyhound for a "seamless" takeover of DCC's waste mis-management service.

The non-service so far has been an unmitigated farce

Never mind having a left or right wing viewpoint, I think it is a thundering disgrace that people were presented with a letter co-signed by DCC and Greyhound advising them of the take over with no mention of how the deal was done, no mention of the option to decline Greyhounds service, no information on any other Waste collection company. It was presented as a fait accompli, nothing less, that you have to take Greyhound or else!

Anyone any info if there was even a tender process?
    Anyone any info of how and why it was rewarded to Greyhound and the criteria involved?
    Anyone any info at all as there appears to be complete silence on relevant details of the deal, a disgrace when it involves public money, we have a right to know.

Before I go chasing FOI's I have asked my joke local councillors to get some information for me...some how I think I willl be waiting

DCC's joke councillors are a total disgrace and not worth a single penny as they were totally useless in any way in helping out the people who voted for them in the local elections by letting this one slip through. There was zippo information from councillors on the issue and they are only getting a teensy weenie bit involved now after the event.

Comments please on the subject
    an informed friend suggested to me that someone is on the take. Obviously can't say who, as this is just his strong suspicion. I will help with the cost of your FOI, Venusian.

We might get to the bottom of this, and shame DCC into stopping it.

Quote Originally Posted by lebowskilite View Post
    The councillors were told in late November and voted against it several times, as well as calling meetings with the manager. From what I can gather they weren't given much information themselves.
    The joke councillors voted for the bloody annual budget which was passed on the basis of DCC quitting collecting bins and waste. Any councillor who lies and sez they were against the privatisation but voted in the budget knew full well what they were doing. Typical "labour"/FG sleaze of lying out of both sides of their mouth!

Page 1 of 24 123 11 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment