Register to Comment
Page 103 of 213 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93101102103104105 113 153 203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2128
Like Tree219Likes

Have to say Paul Donnelly and Joe Higgins were superb , Dessie Ellis spoke but doesn't do public speaking that well . Nulty is becoming a complete contradiction with each passing day. And Eithne , dear oh dear, what can one say ? absolutly car crash.
    Surprisingly this show looks like it is really coming down to SF and SP. Should be a facinating count.
    Last edited by captain black; 15th October 2011 at 07:22 AM. Reason: events dear boy events !
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

I won't be taking anyones word for it on the Connolly Hosptial meeting recently in relation to how any of the candidates spoke and what the audience thought of them- I will have to watch a podcast of it and would be interested to see one. Paul Donnelly potentially could get a lot more votes in the bye-election and in the future for being the chairman of the group.

See the article in Community Voice about the pimary schoool principals saying there are now too many primary schools in Dublin 15? The new schools opened over the last 2/3 years or most of them anyway are undersubscribed. And Gaelscoil an Chuilinn is set to open next year and another school probably a gaelscoil considering there is already an Educate Together in the area is set to open in Carpenterstown. The latter might not potentially open until 2017 but we will know according to Community Voice the patron of it next month! I hope Gaelscoil an Chuilinn is not located in Tyrellstown. Are there anymore schools going to open in the next few years in Dublin 15 does anyone know or is it just these two???

Had a great canvass. In myos now watching the Liverpool Manchester match!

Donnelly is the dark horse in this race. Nulty is proving to be a bit embarassing at this stage because clearly being in Labour for him is a farce. He hasnt even been elected and he is talking about resigning from them. Its not working out as planned i imagine for him but probably as planned for Joan.

Nulty gets in and it'll be Roscommon all over again

Quote Originally Posted by Darren J. Prior View Post
    I won't be taking anyones word for it on the Connolly Hosptial meeting recently in relation to how any of the candidates spoke and what the audience thought of them- I will have to watch a podcast of it and would be interested to see one. Paul Donnelly potentially could get a lot more votes in the bye-election and in the future for being the chairman of the group.

See the article in Community Voice about the pimary schoool principals saying there are now too many primary schools in Dublin 15? The new schools opened over the last 2/3 years or most of them anyway are undersubscribed. And Gaelscoil an Chuilinn is set to open next year and another school probably a gaelscoil considering there is already an Educate Together in the area is set to open in Carpenterstown. The latter might not potentially open until 2017 but we will know according to Community Voice the patron of it next month! I hope Gaelscoil an Chuilinn is not located in Tyrellstown. Are there anymore schools going to open in the next few years in Dublin 15 does anyone know or is it just these two???
    Would the Principal of an existing primary school not always comment that there were too many there already.

And alternatively if there are too many yet demand for gaelscoilanna continues to grow then that should be respoonded to.

Quote Originally Posted by Knock View Post
    Would the Principal of an existing primary school not always comment that there were too many there already.

And alternatively if there are too many yet demand for gaelscoilanna continues to grow then that should be respoonded to.
    True but there are figures quoted in CV!

I hope that the two new gaelscoileanna go ahead and that if needed some of the new schools built in the last 3/4 years merge!

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by Mugabe View Post
    Gay Sweeney died Tuesday after a long illness with cancer. Gay Sweeney was known by many in that Connolly meeting as a long standing member of the Fianna Fail party and wait for it; A NURSE. Allot of people in the meeting knew Gay Sweeney. Gay Sweeney was buried this morning after 11am mass but was removed to her her home in Laurel Lodge instead of a church last night at 7:45pm for a in house mass and get together. The removal is as much apart of a funeral function as the burial it's self. A removal proceeds a burial a day in advance does it not?

Tim, I know you and you know me. You are an absolute disgrace for discussing/questioning this on a public forum in the form of politics.ie and not only do you show your self up for being a cynical b*****d for having the backbone to come on here and openly question that apology.

On the question of representation at that meeting I have been assured that Fergus Lynch of the community voice clearly stated that the meeting was not a political function or political meeting and by election candidates would be given 3 minutes each on that understanding.

With that in mind.

There was no better person than John McGuinness to represent his brother at that meeting as not only is John not a political person - he is also one of the strongest and most respected activists across Corduff and Mulhuddart for the best part of 10 years and has campaigned against anti social behavior, drug dealing, lack of facilities, sport and is known throughout Dublin 15 as one of the leaders of the Corduff football club. A fitting representative of the community on behalf of David.
    First of all I am sorry about the passing of Gay Sweeny.

I don't know about the relationship between Gay Sweeny and David McGuinness.
    I think David McGUinness not attending the meeting was an error in Political judgement. I accept that he made the decision on genuine terms.
    I think his attendance at the meeting would have been understood.

Call me all the names you like I won't react. I'll put it down to false outrage. As someone who doesn't know the relationship between David McGuinness and Gay Sweeny I did question it. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I think any fair mided person at the meeting would have queried it themselves. This is a reality and I'm sure David McGUinness knew this in advance of the meeting. I don't think you are sincere when you come across as shocked by my original post.

It was a political meeting. Anyone who says otherwise has their heads in the clouds.

Fair play to John and he read the statment well. John McGuinness is a good man and was a good man for that job and that I won't question.
    John was a pains to point out that he in not a member of FF which I believe is true. He is helping out David and David being Fianna Fail is part of that deal.However that was not my criticism.I thought it very poor form for Fianna Fail to leave the meeting unrepresented.
    John McGuinness was a good person to read out the Statement but John McGuinness does not represent FF. Nobody represented FF which I thought was a disgrace and added to my cynicism about their absence.

I think I'm being reasonable here.
    Last edited by TimBuckII; 15th October 2011 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Grammer

Candidates are currently on RTE radio 1.

Missed the start of it - but Donnelly was awful when questioned about opposition to the Household Tax. Donnelly stated 'it's up to the government' and 'vote for us so we can change the government at the next time'

Connolly Hospital

Loftus was her usual incompetent self when talking about Connolly Hospital - 'live within their budget'

Nulty will 'raise it on the floor of the Dail'

Coppinger 'to work with the community and staff to mobilise opposition to cuts in the hospital'

Donnelly 'we are the only opposition' (false claim) - 'we want to reform taxation'

McGuinness - 'I will be honest' - 'I will ask for them to spend the money on Connolly'

Loftus - 'There is no danger of reducing A&E'
    Last edited by making waves; 16th October 2011 at 01:45 PM.

Out canvassing in DW yesterday and after a good nights sleep have to conclude its going to be another disaster for FF

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment