Register to Comment
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

At least the people in Donegal have the conviction of their beliefs to make a stand. That is more then can be said for the keyboard warriors on here.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Ulster-Lad View Post
    At least the people in Donegal have the conviction of their beliefs to make a stand. That is more then can be said for the keyboard warriors on here.
    My belief is that "protests" of this sort are childish and pointless. I'm making a stand for that as we speak.

Can I still be a "keyboard warrior"? I like the sound of that.

Who do the protesters want to pay for the services they consume?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir MichŠel View Post
    Well if they bothered to think about the situation that much they'd hardly be barging into meeting rooms like a bunch of eejits.

Perhaps they think the "Gombeens" should pay.

Quote Originally Posted by sauntersplash View Post
    That's right, they went to the council offices...and lay down and complained.
    I knew someone would post exactly what you just did!!

The point I was making was that they physically got up of their ar*es and made their presence felt. They showed local decision makers how annoyed they are with the way politics is being run in this country. I may not agree entirely with their sentiments or methods but I admire their conviction in actually taking some form of action.

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Peaks View Post
    Do do what, precisely?

To derail the local assembly which is the best forum for any protest and to convince two councillors to go the "populist" route and withdraw.

End result: SFA.
    I imagine these are frusrated people who feel disenfranchised or let down by their elected politicans. Given events that have been occurring around the world recently I suspect these people feel direct action protest is the most efficient way of voicing their concerns and ultimately effecting change. As I said in a previous post I may not agree with their methods but I admire their convictions.

You on the other hand nonchalantly dismiss them without considering what drove them to take the action they did.

A SF motion was unanimously passed at Cobh Town Council last week calling on the government to rescind the charge. The protestors outside made their way into the chamber, were welcomed in by the Labour Mayor. They remained quiet, the business was done and the councillors voted with the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Murph View Post
    A SF motion was unanimously passed at Cobh Town Council last week calling on the government to rescind the charge. The protestors outside made their way into the chamber, were welcomed in by the Labour Mayor. They remained quiet, the business was done and the councillors voted with the people!
    There are obviously loads of people on here content with the status quo and the scraps from the EU table.

First Galway county council and now Donegal.

Things are moving as the ordinary people of Ireland realise that they were duped into electing an evil gang of thieves and bigots on a self interested bandwagon.

Fair dues to them and lets hope other council meetings are disrupted.

This is a start and hopefully will end in the ousting of the Irish government thieves / liars who continue loot /pillage private and public monies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir MichŠel View Post
    The services are paid for. Hence a refusal to pay twice.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment