Register to Comment
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Trampas View Post
    all it will take is another overcrowded RIB and we will be back to square one.
    I can see the dilemma for you there. On the one hand more of them drowning is great because it means fewer reaching Europe, but on the other you're worried the public would feel shocked and sorry for brown people.

What to do, what to do...
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Achtung! Stations

Rescue missions -yes. but if we are protecting the european coast,can we apply to have our own coast protected before the fish are all gone

Hopefully they'll nuke Greece or at least shake them down for all the money they owe Europe

Cyp

Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
    I can see the dilemma for you there. On the one hand more of them drowning is great because it means fewer reaching Europe, but on the other you're worried the public would feel shocked and sorry for brown people.

Nah. My real wet dream is a boatload of virtue signallers.

Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post

So whats the solution rainmaker ?

Just keep ferrying them across & then............... ?

The dilemma will have to be faced very soon and I fear that in the absense of Government direction, the policy will have to be made by the captain of one of the Naval Service ships.

When a dangerously overcrowded vessel is encountered, the passengers will be taken on board and then.... If they are taken to Italy, the Italians may refuse to allow the vessel to dock. Italy has taken a decision, and has even financed one of the factions in Libya to patrol the coast and prevent migrants leaving. If they return to Libya, one of the Libyan military factions may prevent them landing.

Sending ships into this mess without clear instructions is an abrogation of duty on the part of the Government. I fear it is another effort by our servile local administration to show the real government in Brussels that they are on board with any western-power play and that we deserve another pat on the back.

Jaysus and the rest of us have to pay for a boating holiday in the Med..

Quote Originally Posted by Lúidín View Post
    The dilemma will have to be faced very soon and I fear that in the absense of Government direction, the policy will have to be made by the captain of one of the Naval Service ships.

When a dangerously overcrowded vessel is encountered, the passengers will be taken on board and then.... If they are taken to Italy, the Italians may refuse to allow the vessel to dock. Italy has taken a decision, and has even financed one of the factions in Libya to patrol the coast and prevent migrants leaving. If they return to Libya, one of the Libyan military factions may prevent them landing.

Sending ships into this mess without clear instructions is an abrogation of duty on the part of the Government. I fear it is another effort by our servile local administration to show the real government in Brussels that they are on board with any western-power play and that we deserve another pat on the back.
    Would a 4500km journey for a full boatload be too far, to bring them to Dun Laoghaire? About 5 days journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Lúidín View Post

Once they are on board an Irish Naval Vessel they can seek our protection...

- it could come about they wont get off the boat until they are granted Asylum by Ireland ....

What then?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment