Register to Comment
Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree325Likes

Perhaps we should reclaim our I've and only colon, now that out army has been "beefed up". We should follow Putin's example and use they're September referendum as a pretext for invasion.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

We need the upgraded missiles to counteract the Taliban Air Force.
    It's like a dad's army episode. As usual my friends, Liz and her
    well armed airforce would come to our aid should we need them.

Don't worry, Enda intends to attack the Fir Bholg in the Atlantic and declare Ireland an empire.

Seriously, the upgrades are nothing like those required for actual combat. Some third world countries could destroy Ireland's navy.

Most of Ireland's military equipment is seriously outdated and well past there shelf lives. This upgrade is needed and is nothing do with the EU or anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiscorporation View Post

Seriously, the upgrades are nothing like those required for actual combat. Some third world countries could destroy Ireland's navy.
    The Oto Melara gun on most of the fleet is an excellent naval gun. Most third world countries could not afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by drummed View Post
    You have compiled some very damning evidence there poster. There is an overwhelming case that we are becoming one of the largest military spenders on the planet and I presume we have plans for foreign acquisitions myself. I propose Denmark. I never liked them and its easy get to with those new warships. There aren't many of them and they'll likely surrender soon enough based on past experiences.
    How about the Scots? Maybe be get them on route to Denmark.

Quote Originally Posted by Crack hoe View Post
    How about the Scots? Maybe be get them on route to Denmark.
    They're just troublemakers. We should reclaim the Isle of Man, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Casstiel View Post
    Yet Again Ireland appears to be beefing up its military, the question is why?

Only time will tell, but it certainly looks as if Ireland is building a far improved defense force, the question is what do we need defending from?

We need defending from any belligerents in any war who regard Irelands inability to defend its neutrality as a potential threat. Neutral isn't merely what you declare yourself to be, it's also what you are perceived to be , and it's not good to be perceived as weak.

Quote Originally Posted by drummed View Post
    You have compiled some very damning evidence there poster. There is an overwhelming case that we are becoming one of the largest military spenders on the planet and I presume we have plans for foreign acquisitions myself. I propose Denmark. I never liked them and its easy get to with those new warships. There aren't many of them and they'll likely surrender soon enough based on past experiences.
    I've been watching "The Bridge" and them lads are mental, you're better off staying away from them with their chopping up and then sowing back together of bodies.
    I think we should invade Leitrim.

Quote Originally Posted by Casstiel View Post
    Yet Again Ireland appears to be beefing up its military, the question is why?

Not long ago may claimed that the lisbon treaty was the first step to creating a EU army that would strip Ireland of its neutrality and force us into a European Army. At the time many laughed at the idea but slowly it looks like we are heading in that direction.

However recently the Irish government have been beefing up our military capability, it appears that our Naval fleet is so old that we must purchase Three new ships costing around €54 million each are needed to combat the huge drug problem off our shores and the ever increrasing problem of people stealing Europe`s fish.

The new vessel will be identical to the LÉ Samuel Beckett

Today we now learn that our missile defense system, ( I didn't even know we had one) needs upgrading to the tune of €4 million.

The total cost now for three ships and missile defense upgrades runs at over €166 Million.

Why are we at a time of huge austerity on the people of this nation spending €166 million beefing up our military?

EU requirements as part of a European Super Army?

Only time will tell, but it certainly looks as if Ireland is building a far improved defense force, the question is what do we need defending from?

Does suffering this level of stupid cause you any pain or discomfort?

Of is that just reserved for the people you inflict this sort of rubbish on?

Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    OP is dumb.
    True but he spent at least an hour putting it together so it was only right that he received some responses!

Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment