Register to Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
Like Tree15Likes
  1. #1
    timhorgan timhorgan is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,353

    Rg32m-excellent choice of vehicle by irish army.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    The news from the British MOD today that yet two more British soldiers have been killed in Afghanistan in their armoured vehicle due to an IED explosion shows once again how thorough and professional the Irish Army is. When choosing a new vehicle a few years ago our Army choose the excellent South African designed and built RG32M some of which are now deployed with our troops in the Lebanon. These vehicles have integral to their design the V-shaped hull first used so successfully by the Rhodesians during the bush war there. The South Africans then developed their own versions and became world leaders with this design. The US Marines and now the US Army have also invested heavily in this type of vehicle.


    It is also good that the company manufacturing the vehicle in South Africa is one of he leaders in corporate black empowerment.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dfmagaz...7623853539050/





    Although the MOD communique does not specify the vehicle involved in this unfortunate incident it is most likely to have been a Scimitar Mk2 which has been uparmoured and re-hulled for Afghanistan. If so, the ever-changing tactics of the enemy seem to have adapted once again.



    http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/De...fghanistan.htm
    Last edited by timhorgan; 20th November 2011 at 11:20 AM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #2
    Dohville Dohville is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,834

    WHat does the choice of an armoured british unit in afghanistan have to do with the choice of the Irish Defence forces?

    Really?

    Your random posts throughout the internet are bemusing.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #3
    Boy M5 Boy M5 is offline
    Boy M5's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,818

    Is this v shaped vehicle based on the Apartheid era Kaspars?
    I thought that v shaped design was now widelyused.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #4
    Ribeye Ribeye is offline
    Ribeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    27,441

    Here's a novel way of protecting soldiers, don't send them to other countries to kill people who just wish to be left alone!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #5
    hedzog hedzog is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,287

    Quote Originally Posted by timhorgan View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    The news from the British MOD today that yet two more British soldiers have been killed in Afghanistan in their armoured vehicle due to an IED explosion shows once again how thorough and professional the Irish Army is. When choosing a new vehicle a few years ago our Army choose the excellent South African designed and built RG32M some of which are now deployed with our troops in the Lebanon. These vehicles have integral to their design the V-shaped hull first used so successfully by the Rhodesians during the bush war there. The South Africans then developed their own versions and became world leaders with this design. The US Marines and now the US Army have also invested heavily in this type of vehicle.


    It is also good that the company manufacturing the vehicle in South Africa is one of he leaders in corporate black empowerment.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dfmagaz...7623853539050/





    Although the MOD communique does not specify the vehicle involved in this unfortunate incident it is most likely to have been a Scimitar Mk2 which has been uparmoured and re-hulled for Afghanistan. If so, the ever-changing tactics of the enemy seem to have adapted once again.



    Ministry of Defence | Defence News | Military Operations | Two soldiers from the Queen's Dragoon Guards killed in Afghanistan

    And deafness , does it protect people from that ? , as a bankrupt country depending handouts we cannot afford this vehicle or the army for that matter .
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #6
    firefly123 firefly123 is offline
    firefly123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    13,586

    Why even bother creating this thread. It's attracts the usual crowd of ra muppets calling you a pretend army, right wing muppets wanting to ban the army or just muppets regurgitating an independent article they managed to read to the end about army deafness claims.
    They are like flies around shte already.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #7
    Analyzer Analyzer is offline
    Analyzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    25,110

    Quote Originally Posted by Ribeye View Post
    Here's a novel way of protecting soldiers, don't send them to other countries to kill people who just wish to be left alone!
    When has the media ever thanked any politician for stopping the dispatch of troops to other countries ?

    The media, will always demand that the politicians "do something"...
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #8
    Ribeye Ribeye is offline
    Ribeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    27,441

    Quote Originally Posted by firefly123 View Post
    Why even bother creating this thread. It's attracts the usual crowd of ra muppets calling you a pretend army, right wing muppets wanting to ban the army or just muppets regurgitating an independent article they managed to read to the end about army deafness claims.
    They are like flies around shte already.
    I'm surprised FF, as someone who makes a living protecting life, I didn't think you would be a supporter of scared 19 year olds being given assault rifles and being sent into small towns in a foreign land to kill little kids?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #9
    Lord Slimfast of Derry Lord Slimfast of Derry is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    121

    Quote Originally Posted by Ribeye View Post
    I'm surprised FF, as someone who makes a living protecting life, I didn't think you would be a supporter of scared 19 year olds being given assault rifles and being sent into small towns in a foreign land to kill little kids?

    Scared 19 yr olds ? Braver then you will ever be, only a pussy would make such a comment hiding behind the internet.

    Some of these guys go out of patrol every day knowing they could lose their legs or worse and still do it.

    Youngsters make the best and most motivated soldiers.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #10
    Ribeye Ribeye is offline
    Ribeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    27,441

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Slimfast of Derry View Post
    Scared 19 yr olds ? Braver then you will ever be, only a pussy would make such a comment hiding behind the internet.

    Some of these guys go out of patrol every day knowing they could lose their legs or worse and still do it.
    Ffs, I wasn't criticising the young soldiers for being scared, anyone would be scared if they were told to get into a lightly armoured land rover and drive down a dusty road which may have been laced with explosives,

    My point was that the fear and pressure that they are living under makes them more likely to squeeze the trigger unnecessarily!

    I think it's very sad that people who want to prevent war, suffering, destruction, horrific injuries and death get called cowards,

    Well, if that's the truth then I'm a proud coward!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment