Register to Comment
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aindriu View Post
    FFS! Soldiers in other countries move bases (and countries) on average every two years! The Irish Defence Forces have a cushy number - we don't even need an army!
    You'll have to speak up, I can't hear you!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by seth lord View Post
    You'll have to speak up, I can't hear you!
    LOL

Jasus who would have thought a gun could be a bit loud give me a break

Quote Originally Posted by davidcameron View Post
    The closure of these barracks would mean that the cutbacks would have a more serious impact on soldiers and their families than on civil servants, i.e. moving house, inability to sell original homes because of negative equity, settling children into new schools.

Army barracks are being targetted for cutbacks simply because soldiers cannot go on strike.
    And?

Afaik no soldiers will lose their jobs or see their salary reduced. Closing a few barracks in a time of nation economic emergency is a very small request of our armed forces.

I`m amazed that we can still afford an army but it is annoying when pen pushers are protected especially those pen pushers in the HSE that have no work.

More pain if we have to close the €22 billion deficit

Quote Originally Posted by Mossy Heneberry View Post
    And?
    My point is that soldiers should be subject to no greater burden than other public sector workers are. It is cowardly to target army barracks while not cutting bureaucracy elsewhere in the public sector simply because clerical workers have the right to go on strike and soldiers do not.

Is this not DECENTRALISATION, a central plank of DELUDED policy ?

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    I`m amazed that we can still afford an army but it is annoying when pen pushers are protected especially those pen pushers in the HSE that have no work.
    Why does the public fail to realise that our health service is failing because the CPA prevents the laying-off of HSE pen-pushers who have nothing to do? If they want decent frontline public services, they have to fight for them. I wish they would devote as much energy to this as they do to the campaign to prevent the closure of their local army barracks.

If it had not been for the CPA it could have been argued that soldiers were not being singled out for cutbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by davidcameron View Post
    Why does the public fail to realise that our health service is failing because the CPA prevents the laying-off of HSE pen-pushers who have nothing to do? If they want decent frontline public services, they have to fight for them. I wish they would devote as much energy to this as they do to the campaign to prevent the closure of their local army barracks.

If it had not been for the CPA it could have been argued that soldiers were not being singled out for cutbacks.
    70% of health budget is wages. CPA must be revised 1/1/2012 especially in Health.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    70% of health budget is wages. CPA must be revised 1/1/2012 especially in Health.
    It must be scrapped & started again across the PS. This doesn't mean anyone has to lose their jobs but its impossible for any government to put budgets together with the CPA inflexibility.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment