Register to Comment
Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50 909899100

Quote Originally Posted by terence View Post
    You maybe able to just reduce paid sex as nothing more immoral than a sneeze but I doubt all the prostitutes you have hired for your own gratification think of it as just a sneeze, in fact I think your quote is anything but healthy.

As for other post about denying these girls their lifes dream, put it into perspective, most girls would not choose it as a career but out of desparation. I think if you come back to these girls after 30 years you would find them regretting it severely.

I would not like my daughter to become a prostitute or a cleaner but if she had only two choices I would hope that she would rather keep her self respect and become the scrubber as this is not damaging to the soul only your pride. Prostitution is damaging to both your pride and your soul, both dimensions exist.
    Sorry Terence but you're wrong. Hiring a prostitute is not only for my gratification, she gets her gratification from whatever she spends the money on. That is the idea of a contract and that is why people enter into them (no pun intended). You assertion that "most girls would not choose it as a career but out of desperation" is nothing more than you're opinion. Look at the link a few posts back to the NZ report on the subject, read it and come back with some informed comments and we can have a sensible debate on the subject. As for my comments not being healthy you're belief in a soul could be described as delusional and anything but healthy.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

One report from NZ does not counter the many reports out there on the negatives of prostitution. You may deny there is a soul but can you deny a womans state of mind which is not always healthy when giving sex for money. But oh she gets gratification from paying bills or food or maybe just a good dose of heroin, thats not gratification its just temporary relief for her until the next gut wrenching bill is due. But I am sure you considered all the girls that you have hired , what their state of mind is, why they are in this situation in the first place and I am sure you fee better that they can get some gratification from what you pay them!!
    Your first priority when hiring a prostitute is YOUR gratification only and they as women are not of concern to you.
    If you want to, try going into any nightclub or bar on any given night and I am sure you will pick up girls who just want a one night stand no strings, its the liberal age, at least these girls know what they want and you can be sure that money is not the motivation....

Nothing wrong when playing rugby or dealing with queue jumpers but otherwise you could start calling yourself goodkarmasecularist!
    That hindu stuff is hardly non-religious. No! It's aggressive secularism for me. I cannot ignore the call of my old boomtime Taoiseach.

One report from NZ does not counter the many reports out there on the negatives of prostitution.
    What is your explanation for the contrary findings within the NZ report?

One report from NZ does not counter the many reports out there on the negatives of prostitution. You may deny there is a soul but can you deny a womans state of mind which is not always healthy when giving sex for money. But oh she gets gratification from paying bills or food or maybe just a good dose of heroin, thats not gratification its just temporary relief for her until the next gut wrenching bill is due. But I am sure you considered all the girls that you have hired , what their state of mind is, why they are in this situation in the first place and I am sure you fee better that they can get some gratification from what you pay them!!
    Your first priority when hiring a prostitute is YOUR gratification only and they as women are not of concern to you.
    If you want to, try going into any nightclub or bar on any given night and I am sure you will pick up girls who just want a one night stand no strings, its the liberal age, at least these girls know what they want and you can be sure that money is not the motivation....
    You brush off this "one report from NZ " very lightly. First you should note that it is a report commissioned by the Ministry of Justice. Secondly, it is a review of both NZ and international research. Finally, and in my opinion important for you to note,, it is informed by empirical evidence, ie asking the people involved. Here's the introduction for you.
    "One of the tasks the PRA sets for the Committee is to ‘assess the nature and adequacy of the means available to assist persons to avoid or cease working as sex workers’. To that end, the Committee commissioned a literature review of models of best practice of exiting the industry here and overseas.[13] This research was conducted by the CJRC. The Committee also commissioned research from the CSOM which, amongst other things, examined the practical reality of exiting the sex industry in New Zealand.[14] The Committee has relied on the findings of this research to inform this chapter.

Four issues came through very strongly. First, the most common reason for entering the industry is financial. The most effective way to ensure people do not enter the sex industry is to help them find other ways of earning money. Second, exiting the industry is difficult, and often involves several attempts. Third, by no means all sex workers want to exit, and some sex workers find it offensive that they should be being offered assistance to leave a job where they are quite happy. Finally, there are as many reasons for exiting as there are reasons for entering the sex industry, and a ‘one size fits all’ approach to ‘exiting interventions’ or ‘support and assistance in exiting’ will not be appropriate.

The Committee concludes that amendment to the PRA is not required, nor feasible, regarding avoiding entry and assisting with exiting. Rather, support targeted at individual sex workers who want to exit the industry needs to be made available from both NGOs and government agencies, and an appropriate level of ongoing, secure government funding is required"

I would not like my daughter to become a prostitute or a cleaner but if she had only two choices I would hope that she would rather keep her self respect and become the scrubber as this is not damaging to the soul only your pride. Prostitution is damaging to both your pride and your soul, both dimensions exist.
    What exactly is wrong with being a cleaner? How do cleaners hurt themselves or other by cleaning? Im sure if you have an office or something your wife does not object to you paying a cleaner to clean...Im sure she would have a different attitude towards you paying a prostitute to be intimate with you.

The two jobs are totally incomparable.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStars View Post
    What exactly is wrong with being a cleaner? How do cleaners hurt themselves or other by cleaning? Im sure if you have an office or something your wife does not object to you paying a cleaner to clean...Im sure she would have a different attitude towards you paying a prostitute to be intimate with you.

Both jobs involve providing a service for money. I wouldn't like my daughter to be a cleaner, however this doesn't make it an acceptable reason for making cleaning work illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStars View Post

Yes SS that is right, an earlier post had said some women do not like to be cleaners therefore do we make this illegal, I agree they are not comparable!! Terence- actually a female and my reason for saying I would not like my daughter to be a cleaner is that it is usually low paid, undervalued and looked down upon, but I would have high respect for my daughter if she chose that path rather than the fast buck but degrading job of a prostitute.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment