Register to Comment
Page 1 of 221 1231151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree2152Likes

Travellers disgrace their community again

Last edited by Cookie68; 30th August 2009 at 05:52 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

At home, its the private party notice on the door, not great but it works and it protects the customers that are there and want to have a few quiet ones.

Its part of their culture.

John D died quite recently but had sold the pub on but he always kept a good house.

I have been in there once, it didn't seem that rough a bar, is it.

They disgrace thier community??? Their whole community IS a disgrace. People try to make out that the Travellors are victims of social exclusion and racism. Although I fail to see any racism since they are supposed to be Irish so Irish people being prejudiced to travellers cant actually by racism. Then again, prejudism is not as headline grabbing is it.

It is rare to see a traveller as a decent human being. I've encountered a few in my time and none of them really enamoured me to their "way of life" or them as a human being. They constantly try to get the rest of us to accomodate them and their ways, however, they are the ones who should try to assimilate into our society instead of keeping themselves on the fringes all the time. If there are factions of the travelloer community worthy of what they strive for, then they should sort the rest of their own community out. Oh no of course, they couldn't possible dream of doing that, could they?

"Settled people disgrace their community again"

Disgraceful behaviour.

I was listening to Matt Cooper on the Last Word yesterday talking to a local councillor and Cooper was chomping at the bit to call the councillor a racist or something like that.

The councillor suggested Traveller families who cause fracas like this when they meet should be kept apart and she was dead right, because they costs tens of thousands in property damage and garda resources when they do meet.

But no Cooper tried to make out she was a KKK racist and asking why should Traveller families be kept seperated and not any other family. A clear example of how you cannot do anything in this country without liberals like Cooper throwing a hissy fit. The only regret I have is that people like Cooper weren't locked in the pub with the Travellers. I wonder if Today FM was wrecked in a similar situation, would he still be so liberal about the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher1 View Post
    They disgrace thier community??? Their whole community IS a disgrace. People try to make out that the Travellors are victims of social exclusion and racism. Although I fail to see any racism since they are supposed to be Irish so Irish people being prejudiced to travellers cant actually by racism. Then again, prejudism is not as headline grabbing is it.

It is rare to see a traveller as a decent human being. I've encountered a few in my time and none of them really enamoured me to their "way of life" or them as a human being. They constantly try to get the rest of us to accomodate them and their ways, however, they are the ones who should try to assimilate into our society instead of keeping themselves on the fringes all the time. If there are factions of the travelloer community worthy of what they strive for, then they should sort the rest of their own community out. Oh no of course, they couldn't possible dream of doing that, could they?
    Thats a bit over the top, there are good ones, that do respect others, but sometimes it does feel like they are a minority.

The traveller community has for the last number of years looked for equality and respect from the settled community. But time after time the social rot that they try to inflict on our quiet towns just seems to out weigh the so called "good" aspects of their so called "culture". The lifestyle and traditions that they supposedly uphold is not acceptable to the image of this country and what it means to be irish. Hence it is time for us to peak out and object to the their "culture" which is nothing else but down right anarchy.
    They are a disgrace to Ireland and a disgrace to all Irish people.

Page 1 of 221 1231151101 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment