Register to Comment
Page 240 of 242 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242 LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 2415
Like Tree2420Likes

All dysfunctional and violently criminal Travellers should be moved to Achill Island.

Sure, we'd lose a nice beach, but they could be contained there. We'd have to repatriate the locals and the trade off for holiday home owners would be no more halting sites in suburbia.

The drug scum families of north inner city Dublin could be moved to Inish mor.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by realistic1 View Post
    At least over there the Police can name suspects if they are under 18

- something we cannot do here apparently!

See here:

A threat to the Public - but we are not to be told who it is - Daft or What?
    Last edited by Catalpast; 11th February 2018 at 11:53 AM.

I wonder is this further cultural activity by the ethnic community :

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/th...eral-1-8375645

Quote Originally Posted by cricket View Post
    I wonder is this further cultural activity by the ethnic community :

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/th...eral-1-8375645

Note the contrast in the coverage of this latest demonstration of unique traveller culture between the PC Irish Times and the Belfast Telegraph:

Funeral brawl sees three stabbed at graveyard (no mention whatsoever in either headline or report of the word "traveller")

Police scrambled to Traveller funeral following knife fight in middle of church graveyard (no hangups whatsoever about telling its readers who were involved).

I know which newspaper I'd be buying if I wanted to know full details about things!

Quote Originally Posted by realistic1 View Post
    I wonder what ethnicity this animal is?

https://extra.ie/2018/02/10/news/iri...vicious-attack

Jesus, this makes me think that perhaps there is a place for torture based punishments in our society.

Beaten and robbed pensioners and travellers - two things connected again and again and again. There seems to be a lack of respect for the elderly and the weak in their 'culture'.

Is it true that in Traveller lingo, the word used for meat is the same word used for settled people?
    If so, it's revealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Scitlipo View Post
    Is it true that in Traveller lingo, the word used for meat is the same word used for settled people?
    If so, it's revealing.
    I've no idea but if it comes to the use of derogatory terms directed against a set of people Travellers are on the receiving end far more wouldn't you agree? That's also revealing too?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitchcock View Post
    I've no idea but if it comes to the use of derogatory terms directed against a set of people Travellers are on the receiving end far more wouldn't you agree? That's also revealing too?
    Where have you been?

It isn't what (some) Travellers say that is the problem. It is what (some) Travellers do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    Note the contrast in the coverage of this latest demonstration of unique traveller culture between the PC Irish Times and the Belfast Telegraph:

Funeral brawl sees three stabbed at graveyard (no mention whatsoever in either headline or report of the word "traveller")

Police scrambled to Traveller funeral following knife fight in middle of church graveyard (no hangups whatsoever about telling its readers who were involved).

I know which newspaper I'd be buying if I wanted to know full details about things!
    sure Gerry and the shinners love them too, no wonder there will never be a united Ireland.........

Quote Originally Posted by Hitchcock View Post
    Indeed it is, one must only wonder why, oh wait............

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment