Register to Comment
Page 236 of 239 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 2382
Like Tree2391Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Man or Mouse View Post
    A street in the town of Nenagh has become a no go area since a traveller family - plus extended elements, it seems - has been moved in. Several chaps beaten up for having the temerity to go home via "their street" over the holiday period. The whole street has now become a car repair facility. Guards do nothing.

What kind of country have we become?
    The exact same as Clonmel, there are several families living side by side causing havoc and terror, again nothing done.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Man or Mouse View Post
    A street in the town of Nenagh has become a no go area since a traveller family - plus extended elements, it seems - has been moved in. Several chaps beaten up for having the temerity to go home via "their street" over the holiday period. The whole street has now become a car repair facility. Guards do nothing.

What kind of country have we become?
    I drive through Nenagh occasionally, and recently witnessed a guy walking 4 dogs, 3 of which were very heavily muscled "Bull" types, taking up the entire pavement.It left a very poor impression.
    Last edited by Angler; 1st January 2018 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angler View Post
    I drive through Nenagh occasionally, and recently witnessed a guy walking 4 dogs, 3 of which were very heavily muscled "Bull" types, taking up the entire pavement.It left a very poor impression.
    Crazy stuff for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Angler View Post
    I know it's a bit of a generalisation but owners of those breeds are more likely to be scumbags in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Karloff View Post
    I know it's a bit of a generalisation but owners of those breeds are more likely to be scumbags in my experience.

That's rubbish.

For example at one time a lot of vets would own Bull Terriers to keep them company in the car and to keep guard on it.

Last edited by Old Mr Grouser; 12th January 2018 at 01:58 PM.

Sean O'Rourke show today discussed the ethnic/cultural needs of the travelling community to drive their 'sulky' chariots on public roads. One gentleman made the point that if the State has a problem with this they should build a series of customised 'sulkie' tracks around the country because if they didn't have their sport they'd only be out robbing cars and committing burglaries on the elderly.

I found this a compelling argument and recommend an immediate CPO blitz for suitable land to host this important patch on our national quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Wigmore View Post
    Sean O'Rourke show today discussed the ethnic/cultural needs of the travelling community to drive their 'sulky' chariots on public roads. One gentleman made the point that if the State has a problem with this they should build a series of customised 'sulkie' tracks around the country because if they didn't have their sport they'd only be out robbing cars and committing burglaries on the elderly.

I found this a compelling argument and recommend an immediate CPO blitz for suitable land to host this important patch on our national quilt.
    Mattie McGrath ended up almost agreeing with Martin Collins of Pavee that spaces at racecourses should be used for sulky racing. He is introducing a Bill to make sulky racing on public roads a criminal offence.

Mind you Collins had a good point that if he was so interested in animal welfare as he claimed then he should be against hare coursing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wigmore View Post

For the good of the unfortunate animals involved I'd far prefer to see sulky racing taking place in a dedicated facility, hopefully under the supervision of the ISPCA and with a vet or two in attendance.

And I'd prefer to see some lottery euros being directed towards the provision of such facilities rather than helping to subsidise wealthy sports clubs as is frequently the case nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by sadmal View Post
    Mattie McGrath ended up almost agreeing with Martin Collins of Pavee that spaces at racecourses should be used for sulky racing. He is introducing a Bill to make sulky racing on public roads a criminal offence.

Mind you Collins had a good point that if he was so interested in animal welfare as he claimed then he should be against hare coursing too.
    That this isn't already a criminal offence and that it hasn't been until now is a f***ing disgrace.

I'm beyond fed up hearing about feckin' Travellers and their rights.

The law is likely to be ignored anyway while AGS will do f*** all to enforce any law that's introduced as per feckin' usual...

They seem to do little apart from shooting fish in barrels on stretches of road with speed limits that are far too low.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanner Island View Post
    That this isn't already a criminal offence and that it hasn't been until now is a f***ing disgrace.

I'm beyond fed up hearing about feckin' Travellers and their rights.

The law is likely to be ignored anyway while AGS will do f*** all to enforce any law that's introduced as per feckin' usual...

They seem to do little apart from shooting fish in barrels on stretches of road with speed limits that are far too low.
    If the Garda really wanted to stop it on public roads they don't need Mattie or anyone else to introduce a bill to stop it. Just enforce the rules of the road that already exists, if they can chase joyriders then they can chase and impound horse amd arrest those involved.
    They don't do it at the moment because they can't be bothered.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment