Register to Comment

Kildare Street beta

Kildare Street (http://www.kildarestreet.com) is now in public beta, and I hope it will prove useful to anyone who finds the official Oireachtas website to be something of a nightmare to navigate. It is based on the highly successful British version TheyWorkForYou.com: Are your MPs and Peers working for you in the UK's Parliament?.

For now, only debates from 2004-present are in the database, but we will be adding to that over time. Feedback is of course welcome.

I hope you all find it useful. Personally I find the ability to search using inverted commas to be a god send. Direct linking to individual speeches is also a feature, as is commenting on speeches.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by gavinsblog View Post
    Kildare Street (KildareStreet.com: Are your TDs and Senators working for you in Ireland's Houses of the Oireachtas?) is now in public beta, and I hope it will prove useful to anyone who finds the official Oireachtas website to be something of a nightmare to navigate. It is based on the highly successful British version TheyWorkForYou.com: Are your MPs and Peers working for you in the UK's Parliament?.

For now, only debates from 2004-present are in the database, but we will be adding to that over time. Feedback is of course welcome.

I hope you all find it useful. Personally I find the ability to search using inverted commas to be a god send. Direct linking to individual speeches is also a feature, as is commenting on speeches.
    Very good - and the Oireachtas "XML" files are a nightmare to handle. I have the same data up to the GE 2007 (for ratemytd.com) plus the votes separated out by TD and party, and tracked to the Bill under discussion. Let me know if any of it is of any use/interest to you!

thx kingkane, l missed this one

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment