Register to Comment
Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 395
Like Tree265Likes
  1. #201
    MsDaisyC MsDaisyC is offline
    MsDaisyC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,369

    Quote Originally Posted by Half Nelson View Post
    Our health service is in such robust condition that we can slot in another four to ten thousand cases per annum with no side effects for those already waiting for treatments.


    Which planet are you on this week?
    What treatments? Do you think a woman taking a tablet in a doctor's surgery is going to affect another woman waiting for a knee replacement? You do know that there isn't a specific department dealing with All Women in hospitals? If one man needs treatment for gout does it push another man down the waiting list for heart surgery?

    Do you know how hospitals even work?

    How do you think the health service would deal with these 4 -10,000 pregnancies? Tell them to come back another day because there's too many in labour?
    Last edited by MsDaisyC; 11th July 2018 at 10:53 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #202
    damus damus is offline
    damus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    24,028

    Quote Originally Posted by Half Nelson View Post
    Nope, it's clearly your post.

    You're showing signs of unravelling of late. I can only assume that the abortion chickens are coming home to roost.

    The truth will set you free.
    Seeing things that aren't there Nellie. Ch&st, how are you going to react when abortions start to be provided - it'll be utter meltdown. Any ideas about the services that you'll likely need? Best to be fore plan and include you's in that service planning I reckon.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #203
    damus damus is offline
    damus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    24,028

    Quote Originally Posted by amist4 View Post
    o......k......

    Get in touch with Patslatt - he could come up with a cartoon for you.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #204
    Half Nelson Half Nelson is offline
    Half Nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    22,118

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDaisyC View Post
    What treatments? Do you think a woman taking a tablet in a doctor's surgery is going to affect another woman waiting for a knee replacement? You do know that there isn't a specific department dealing with All Women in hospitals? If one man needs treatment for gout does it push another man down the waiting list for heart surgery?

    Do you know how hospitals even work?

    How do you think the health service would deal with these 4 -10,000 pregnancies? Tell them to come back another day because there's too many in labour?
    Dr Peter McKenna, clinical director of the HSE's Women and Infant's programme, said the majority of abortions would be non-surgical and medical terminations involving medication. However, around 40pc of terminations would have surgical input - and this will have resource implications.
    https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.inde...-36630676.html
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #205
    MsDaisyC MsDaisyC is offline
    MsDaisyC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,369

    How would the health service deal with 4 - 10,000 extra births if all these women and girls chose to remain pregnant? Is there a quota on the pregnancies dealt with and the resources available?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #206
    Half Nelson Half Nelson is offline
    Half Nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    22,118

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDaisyC View Post
    How would the health service deal with 4 - 10,000 extra births if all these women and girls chose to remain pregnant? Is there a quota on the pregnancies dealt with and the resources available?
    Pregnancy is not a disease, despite what you prodeath lot might say. In general, it progresses with or without a hospital bed.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #207
    MsDaisyC MsDaisyC is offline
    MsDaisyC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,369

    Quote Originally Posted by Half Nelson View Post
    Pregnancy is not a disease, despite what you prodeath lot might say. In general, it progresses with or without a hospital bed.
    But whatabout the resources needed? If there aren't resources for women to take a pill, then how are there resources to deal with extra pregnancies?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #208
    Half Nelson Half Nelson is offline
    Half Nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    22,118

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDaisyC View Post
    But whatabout the resources needed? If there aren't resources for women to take a pill, then how are there resources to deal with extra pregnancies?
    What extra pregnancies? I've just given you a link to expert medical opinion that resources will be stretched to deal with legalised abortion.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #209
    petaljam petaljam is offline
    petaljam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    27,539

    Quote Originally Posted by Half Nelson View Post
    Pregnancy is not a disease, despite what you prodeath lot might say. In general, it progresses with or without a hospital bed.
    Always nice to have a man around to explain pregnancy to us silly women. Takes "mansplaining" to a whole new level.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #210
    MsDaisyC MsDaisyC is offline
    MsDaisyC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,369

    Quote Originally Posted by Half Nelson View Post
    What extra pregnancies? I've just given you a link to expert medical opinion that resources will be stretched to deal with legalised abortion.
    A link to one person's opinion and one opinion isn't fact.

    As regards extra pregnancies, there's as much of a likelyhood of women choosing to remain pregnant than have an abortion. How do hospitals deal with miscarriages? Ectopic pregnancies? Premature births etc? They just do. Same way they'll deal with the small percentage of abortions that have to be dealt with surgically.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment