Register to Comment
Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree442Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Trainwreck View Post
    So what was the altruistic motive behind publishing private communications, and public criticisms and snide remarks towards local Thai authorities, after the event?

No, Musk is all smoke and mirrors self-promotion. Despite his well cultivated image, I don't think he has ever actually run a profit making business.
    Paypal and Tesla are just two of the companies he founded, not exactly smoke and mirrors, 53rd richest man in the world.

Edit: Just to add, he is worth approx 20 billion usd. I'll have some of that smoke and mirrors anyway, wouldn't you?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by truthisfree View Post
    Paypal and Tesla are just two of the companies he founded, not exactly smoke and mirrors, 53rd richest man in the world.

Edit: Just to add, he is worth approx 20 billion usd. I'll have some of that smoke and mirrors anyway, wouldn't you?
    He did not found Tesla he took it over, if I remember the founders not so happy. He did provide a large amount of initial funding and served as a chairman starting in second year while it may be correct to say he one of the first to invest in Tesla and later took it over he did not found the company.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Tesla-Motors

Quote Originally Posted by Researchwill View Post
    He did not found Tesla he took it over, if I remember the founders not so happy. He did provide a large amount of initial funding and served as a chairman starting in second year while it may be correct to say he one of the first to invest in Tesla and later took it over he did not found the company.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Tesla-Motors
    I stand corrected, you are quite right, as most I think of Tesla and Musk as I had never heard of Tesla until Musk entered into it.

Quote Originally Posted by truthisfree View Post
    I stand corrected, you are quite right, as most I think of Tesla and Musk as I had never heard of Tesla until Musk entered into it.
    He entered very early and almost bankrupted himself to keep it going, it may be correct to say without Musk Tesla would be nothing.

http://www.businessinsider.com/elon-...la-2013-5?IR=T

“Musk was personally in okay shape, thanks to earlier successes with PayPal and other companies, but he couldn't stand the thought that his latest project was going to go bust. So he took his "last $35 million" of cash, as he later described it, and doubled down on Tesla”

Quote Originally Posted by Trainwreck View Post
    So what was the altruistic motive behind publishing private communications, and public criticisms and snide remarks towards local Thai authorities, after the event?

No, Musk is all smoke and mirrors self-promotion. Despite his well cultivated image, I don't think he has ever actually run a profit making business.

And I would dispute your assumption. Musk does indeed need the PR. All his enterprises are loss making and depend on investors pouring money into a vision and a promise, as well as trying to keep engineering taxpayers' money out of politicians.
    Musk is a slippery character and I say that as some one who hopes Electric cars are a great success and the battery technology improves all the time . None of that stops Musk from being a slippery character ?

As I thought, ... it appears the boys were sedated for certain, on way out of the cave...

not that it really matters , but I presume this may be another reason, why the familys were kept away.. until they came round etc...

will FIFA follow through with their publicity stu..

i mean their offer ?

Quote Originally Posted by max99 View Post
    As I thought, ... it appears the boys were sedated for certain, on way out of the cave...

not that it really matters , but I presume this may be another reason, why the familys were kept away.. until they came round etc...
    Yes - you were absolutely right. There is no way they could risk putting the boys under water with poor visibility. Any person not used to such an environment would be panic stricken.

The entire operation was incredibly well planned.

The expertise, the bravery, the charity and the planning of all involved in this rescue is beyond words and appreciation .
    I am in awe of these supermen and woman.

Looks like they may have got out just in time:

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/11/62791...r-boys-rescued
    Last edited by Ardillaun; 12th July 2018 at 04:53 AM.

Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment