Register to Comment
Page 49 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 1183
Like Tree652Likes
  1. #481
    Trainwreck Trainwreck is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    23,344

    Quote Originally Posted by niall78 View Post
    The texts came out as material evidence in a court case associated with the [alleged and found unproven] rape of a teenager.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #482
    Buchaill Dana Buchaill Dana is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    624

    Quote Originally Posted by Craigmore.. View Post
    Why not sac conor murray and simon zebo? Did they give their spitroast bird a cuddle after sex?
    Basically yes. She left the hotel room happily texting friends. In Belfast she left bleeding, in tears and claiming rape.

    How is this complicated?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #483
    Buchaill Dana Buchaill Dana is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    624

    Quote Originally Posted by Craigmore.. View Post
    As if calling someone a slut or sluts is proof of a predilection for raping someone
    1. The timing of the texts meant they prosecution could question that they didn't speak about it at lunch.

    2. The texts would have allowed the prosecution revisit what they meant by spitroast.

    3. The texts referenced the complainant and how they referred to her.

    The pieces all fit if you look at them right.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #484
    Emily Davison Emily Davison is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    26,562

    Quote Originally Posted by Niall996 View Post
    Loaded with profound ugliness. The phrase 'teenager' is deliberately loaded. The phrase 'associated with the rape of a teenager' after the court found them not guilty is particularly distasteful and disgusting. The phrase 'highly distressed' is another made up phantom phrase. It's like a piece of script from some dark John B Keane tale from the middle of outback redneck Ireland. The totality of texts we need to see now are those of the stone throwers, the IRFU committee, the media and the sponsors. (Obviously we wont be seeing the texts of the annonymous stone throwing P.ie lynch mob on here any time soon). Let's see the real values of our 'brands' and committees and see how they stand up to this backward Oirish mob scrutiny.

    Are you still upset the boys got fired. I suggest you get over it. Go back to your pornography. Ulster rugby and the IRFU don't want your kind of toxicity.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #485
    Emily Davison Emily Davison is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    26,562

    Quote Originally Posted by Craigmore.. View Post
    I think it's quite common to call a woman who drops her knickers to multiple men a slut. Its a term that women use about each other, the fact is that people with multiple sexual partners attract ire from both sexes. Where's the liberalism here?
    How have I not noticed a charming human being like you before. P.ie doesn't have half enough cretins already. But another one makes no odds to the many on here.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #486
    Niall996 Niall996 is offline
    Niall996's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,965

    Quote Originally Posted by Emily Davison View Post
    Are you still upset the boys got fired. I suggest you get over it. Go back to your pornography. Ulster rugby and the IRFU don't want your kind of toxicity.
    No need to get all abuive and childish. The trial is over. It was a resounding unanimou instant NOT GUILTY. Leave them be. And why would I be upset. They'll make fortunes no doubt. This is about principle.

    On the texts, written two years ago over which they have been sacked by pious ethical brands here's a good article for you. Do the poll. The majority currently believe the sacking was wrong. They need your help. I suspect as people wake up from the poisonous wave of gutteral ugly social media hate, they'll realise more and more what a vastly over the top traveaty these sackings have been.

    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...-36809262.html


    Although there has been an attempt to portray this as an "anti-women's rights" issue, women have been as divided about the case as men.

    There is no doubt that Jackson and Olding's once glittering careers have been macerated by an extremely vocal social media backlash. Cyber persecution, as a supportive advert in this newspaper called it.

    And yet I feel both will in time rise above this on a personal level. What's that old line about whatever doesn't kill you makes you strong?

    Both are obviously genuinely remorseful about the language used in those WhatsApp postings.

    They are young, talented and intelligent and they feel they now have something to prove.

    When the dust has settled and the hysteria has died down, I have no doubt they will go on and make a real success of their lives.

    I feel for their families, though; for their mothers in particular. For them this last two years will have been a nightmare. But they too will regroup and move on.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #487
    Fear Rua Fear Rua is offline
    Fear Rua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,066

    Can you imagine being a parent (especially a Father) and your daughter comes home and says I'm dating Paddy Jackson/Stuart Olding, would you really want to be associated with them ? Would/could you/colleagues trust them in the workplace if you were an employer?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #488
    Craigmore.. Craigmore.. is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,720

    Quote Originally Posted by Buchaill Dana View Post
    1. The timing of the texts meant they prosecution could question that they didn't speak about it at lunch.

    2. The texts would have allowed the prosecution revisit what they meant by spitroast.

    3. The texts referenced the complainant and how they referred to her.

    The pieces all fit if you look at them right.
    oh the 'cover up theory' at the lunch.

    Why should the texts have been introduced when the defendants admitted all the sexual activity in the interviews. The texts merely echoed what was said in the interviews. The texts were produced as some sort of tainted evidence of a negative and cynical attitude to the victim and women. By most peoples definition if she went with multiple men in a night she would be referred to as a slut indeed. Calling someone a slut is an opinion, it's not evidence of wrongdoing.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #489
    Emily Davison Emily Davison is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    26,562

    Quote Originally Posted by Niall996 View Post
    No need to get all abuive and childish. The trial is over. It was a resounding unanimou instant NOT GUILTY. Leave them be. And why would I be upset. They'll make fortunes no doubt. This is about principle.

    On the texts, written two years ago over which they have been sacked by pious ethical brands here's a good article for you. Do the poll. The majority currently believe the sacking was wrong. They need your help. I suspect as people wake up from the poisonous wave of gutteral ugly social media hate, they'll realise more and more what a vastly over the top traveaty these sackings have been.

    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...-36809262.html


    Although there has been an attempt to portray this as an "anti-women's rights" issue, women have been as divided about the case as men.

    There is no doubt that Jackson and Olding's once glittering careers have been macerated by an extremely vocal social media backlash. Cyber persecution, as a supportive advert in this newspaper called it.

    And yet I feel both will in time rise above this on a personal level. What's that old line about whatever doesn't kill you makes you strong?

    Both are obviously genuinely remorseful about the language used in those WhatsApp postings.

    They are young, talented and intelligent and they feel they now have something to prove.

    When the dust has settled and the hysteria has died down, I have no doubt they will go on and make a real success of their lives.

    I feel for their families, though; for their mothers in particular. For them this last two years will have been a nightmare. But they too will regroup and move on.
    You're hysterical. Calling Bank of Ireland in particular a pious ethical brand is hilarious. A bank. That bank. Hilarious.

    Did you miss the fact that Olding's parents were disgusted with him. And you're referring to yourself there when you refer to a poisonous wave of gutteral ugly social media hate. So idiotic that you don't realise that you and the other low lives (in general, not all, because not all posters are like you) on here took the stance you did. You just don't get it. Do you think you and the rest helped the men's case. You in fact did the exact opposite. You made people so cross they came out even more angry and they got the result they wanted. The men have to leave Ireland and it's their own fault. Nobody elses. But they were helped on that road by men like you. Not that you even see it.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #490
    Craigmore.. Craigmore.. is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,720

    Quote Originally Posted by Emily Davison View Post
    How have I not noticed a charming human being like you before. P.ie doesn't have half enough cretins already. But another one makes no odds to the many on here.
    I don't care if a women or man chooses multiple sexual partners over one. It's her/his choice. A 'slut' is in common usage and term, trying to redefine language to suit ones own agenda is dishonest. Lets not pretend the term is simply misogynistic, because it's not. You know it. I know it and so does everyone else.

    It speaks volumes of your own morals that you would interpret my post dishonestly. You piece of sh!t.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 49 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment