Register to Comment
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes
    Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by riker1969 View Post
    Just on a few points. Agree with you on Car tax. You should be able to pay it in installments at no extra cost. Its also irrational that a new car which costs great damage to environment to make gets lower car tax than an old car. To my mind keeping old cars on the road is environmentally friendly. But lets face facts-its a revenue making exercise pure and simple
    As For school books I agree where possible. In English at LC level there is a changing course so hard to keep same books
    However book rental schemes should be the norm but the state needs to give schools cash to run these. Schools were stripped of middle Mgt last few years. They are only recently coming back
    I think the Minister of Education has imposed new guidelines to stop expensive school uniforms. You cant restrict buying to one place anymore-as far as I know
    As for evoting machines-I think there was a bit of hysteria over them tbh. They were used in one constituency as a test run and no court action came out of them
    glad you think 54million is a bit of hysteria. It cost: 54m voting machines scrapped for 9 each. A bit of hysteria over them tbh You have to look at the ongoing waste....they have no idea whats going on. it was the longest (25yrs) contract to store the waste by a ff councillors nephew. It just goes on and on.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by galteeman View Post
    In fairness those things are true and if blame is given when things go bad then credit has to be given as well.
    Over 130,000 children live in consistent poverty. 3000 plus are homeless. Thoysands cant get access to mental health services. This is a recovery for the moneyed and landlord classes. Fg obviously dont give a toss about the rest.

Lets not forget the atrocious pay and conditions for the army by fg https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/0212/940141-pdforra/

Twitter
    @

February 13 2018 3:43 PM

A woman who was wrongly arrested and brought to Mountjoy Prison in Dublin over a mistake about non-payment of a television licence has settled her High Court action for damages.

Law student, Amy Daly (27), Kilbrook, Tullamore, Co Offaly, sued the Garda Commissioner, the Governor of the Dochas Centre at Mountjoy, the Minister for Justice and Equality and the State, over the incident on January 9, 2015.

Earlier, Robert Beatty SC, for Ms Daly, said Ms Daly, who has a seven year old son, had picked the boy up from a creche on January 9 and brought him back home where she was making a sandwich for him while the then four-year-old was playing upstairs.

A knock came to the door and two gardai were there to tell her there was an outstanding arrest warrant with regard to a TV licence. Counsel said Ms Daly, who is a single mother, had been saving €4 TV licence stamps since the previous October and had collected €144 worth since then.

I would have had her shot...she almost broke the country financially and caused untold misery by not paying the TV licence.

it's the little things.
    Last edited by Burnout; 13th February 2018 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by riker1969 View Post
    Just on a few points. Agree with you on Car tax. You should be able to pay it in installments at no extra cost. Its also irrational that a new car which costs great damage to environment to make gets lower car tax than an old car. To my mind keeping old cars on the road is environmentally friendly. But lets face facts-its a revenue making exercise pure and simple
    As For school books I agree where possible. In English at LC level there is a changing course so hard to keep same books
    However book rental schemes should be the norm but the state needs to give schools cash to run these. Schools were stripped of middle Mgt last few years. They are only recently coming back
    I think the Minister of Education has imposed new guidelines to stop expensive school uniforms. You cant restrict buying to one place anymore-as far as I know
    As for evoting machines-I think there was a bit of hysteria over them tbh. They were used in one constituency as a test run and no court action came out of them
    many the school book had to be purchased because the author changed just one line from the origional book, some even had the termity to change a whole paragraph, but none ever changed a page, lazy money sucking parihas

Quote Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
    February 13 2018 3:43 PM

A woman who was wrongly arrested and brought to Mountjoy Prison in Dublin over a mistake about non-payment of a television licence has settled her High Court action for damages.

Law student, Amy Daly (27), Kilbrook, Tullamore, Co Offaly, sued the Garda Commissioner, the Governor of the Dochas Centre at Mountjoy, the Minister for Justice and Equality and the State, over the incident on January 9, 2015.

Earlier, Robert Beatty SC, for Ms Daly, said Ms Daly, who has a seven year old son, had picked the boy up from a creche on January 9 and brought him back home where she was making a sandwich for him while the then four-year-old was playing upstairs.

A knock came to the door and two gardai were there to tell her there was an outstanding arrest warrant with regard to a TV licence. Counsel said Ms Daly, who is a single mother, had been saving €4 TV licence stamps since the previous October and had collected €144 worth since then.

I would have had her shot...she almost broke the country financially and caused untold misery by not paying the TV licence.

it's the little things.
    Sounds like her lucky day when she was arrested. all that juicy compo and legal fees eh?

Quote Originally Posted by galteeman View Post
    FG are pretty much the best we are going to get right now, granted, best out of a bad bunch.......
    can you say that without smiling

Quote Originally Posted by bokuden View Post
    Over 130,000 children live in consistent poverty. 3000 plus are homeless. Thoysands cant get access to mental health services. This is a recovery for the moneyed and landlord classes. Fg obviously dont give a toss about the rest.
    I blame the parents

Quote Originally Posted by HenryHorace View Post
    It's utterly staggering that they are doing so well in the polls and Leo is so popular. Goes to show just how stupid the average Irish person is.
    goes to show how well the 5m pr machine is working, if brexit hits us hard that machine will become axeled

Quote Originally Posted by JANUARY2018 View Post
    Not being funny, but how the hell can you vote for the Social Democrats AND Fine Gael?????
    He is probably a red blueshirt but he went with the mob and decided Labour upset him.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment