Register to Comment
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 233
Like Tree207Likes
  1. #221
    Karloff Karloff is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    5,628

    Quote Originally Posted by gracethepirate View Post
    You need to catch up with modern technology.

    A threat on the Internet is still a threat.

    A payment on the Internet is still a payment.

    Your tax assessment on the Internet is still a valid tax assessment

    Etc.
    JC

    We aren't talking tax assessments we are talking alleged threats. A threat can be serious or it can be an expression.

    The conflating of these two types of expression is a strange combination of dangerous and ludicrous. A threat delivered by post implies consideration and is more likely to be dangerous, a threat delivered by person is direct intimidation and even more serious but the internet is full of hot air. They are not the same.

    I know only too well where things are heading i don't need to catch up - and i don't like it.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #222
    stopdoingstuff stopdoingstuff is offline
    stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    21,828

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    Holding a phone, tweeting and [email protected] at the same time...impressive
    It's those left wing women-they drive me crazy. It all started with Mary Robinson. I thought I could control it SiL, just a harmless game. But I just had to keep aiming for bigger and more elaborate thrills. I knew I had hit rock bottom when I got kicked out of a pro choice meeting for sniffing the seat occupied by Clare Daly. I definitely should have waited until she had left.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #223
    Karloff Karloff is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    5,628

    You have got one prison place, who do you want to fill it?

    https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-36097588.html



    Or



    Thank God we don't fill them up by internet consensus if this thread is anything to go by.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #224
    danger here danger here is offline
    danger here's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,837

    Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    Good he was taken to court. Nasty individual. I'm not sure if I'd have jailed him (first offence) so not surprised at result. If he starts again I'd expect his arsŤ bleeding like a river in jail.
    fixed Ger
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #225
    Clanrickard Clanrickard is offline
    Clanrickard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    39,444

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Walsh View Post
    Now now Clan, he is simply practising free speech.
    As am I.

    Quote Originally Posted by Karloff View Post
    JC

    We aren't talking tax assessments we are talking alleged threats. A threat can be serious or it can be an expression.

    The conflating of these two types of expression is a strange combination of dangerous and ludicrous. A threat delivered by post implies consideration and is more likely to be dangerous, a threat delivered by person is direct intimidation and even more serious but the internet is full of hot air. They are not the same.

    I know only too well where things are heading i don't need to catch up - and i don't like it.
    Repeated threats over a period of time is dangerous. That is not some fella arriving in sh%tfaced after the pub and drunkenly posting stuff.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #226
    Fritzbox Fritzbox is offline
    Fritzbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,989

    Why did the Indo print the man's address?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #227
    ShoutingIsLeadership ShoutingIsLeadership is offline
    ShoutingIsLeadership's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    48,244

    Quote Originally Posted by stopdoingstuff View Post
    It's those left wing women-they drive me crazy. It all started with Mary Robinson. I thought I could control it SiL, just a harmless game. But I just had to keep aiming for bigger and more elaborate thrills. I knew I had hit rock bottom when I got kicked out of a pro choice meeting for sniffing the seat occupied by Clare Daly. I definitely should have waited until she had left.
    Just promise me that it wasn't a toilet seat
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #228
    *EPIC SUCCESS* *EPIC SUCCESS* is offline

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,383

    Quote Originally Posted by Karloff View Post
    You have got one prison place, who do you want to fill it?

    https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-36097588.html



    Or



    Thank God we don't fill them up by internet consensus if this thread is anything to go by.
    Hypothetical scenario 2:

    I have 100 million euro - I spend my days scuba diving off Mauritius and flying wing suits off the Alps instead of trying to ascertain how someone can be so filled with hate for someone they don't even know that they are willing to argue in defense of a person who threatened them with some seriously disturbing and sick messages.




    Quote Originally Posted by Karloff View Post
    JC

    We aren't talking tax assessments we are talking alleged threats. A threat can be serious or it can be an expression.

    The conflating of these two types of expression is a strange combination of dangerous and ludicrous. A threat delivered by post implies consideration and is more likely to be dangerous, a threat delivered by person is direct intimidation and even more serious but the internet is full of hot air. They are not the same.

    I know only too well where things are heading i don't need to catch up - and i don't like it.
    Psychology, criminology, law. Is there anything you are not an armchair expert on?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #229
    *EPIC SUCCESS* *EPIC SUCCESS* is offline

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,383

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    Just promise me that it wasn't a toilet seat
    What would be the point if it had never come into contact with a raw buttock?

    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #230
    Ardillaun Ardillaun is online now

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,840

    Quote Originally Posted by *EPIC SUCCESS* View Post

    Psychology, criminology, law. Is there anything you are not an armchair expert on?
    Isn’t pontificating on subjects one has no knowledge of basically the whole point of p.ie? A thousand apologies if I got the wrong end of the proverbial stick there.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment