Register to Comment
Page 66 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast
Like Tree783Likes

Quote Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster View Post
    I've heard that suggestion about people "going homeless" for precisely that reason - I don't see how you can be so confident that nobody has done it.
    Fake homelessness is happening on an industrial scale, encouraged by charlatans of the left.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by bmw1 View Post
    My good man/woman youd only have half enough to do the fupping foundation material...
    The foundation material of the average 3 bed house costs €2,850. The average foundation uses 15-20 cubic metres of concrete. At €69 per cubic metre that's €1,380 in concrete.

This is the kind of advice you can expect from our fellow citizens in this industry. It's like many other areas of Irish life, such as when you walk into the dentist and the first feeling you get is your pockets being rifled...

Quote Originally Posted by Civic_critic2 View Post
    I can imagine what the meeting to discuss the estimate with you would be like, you wouldn't lose any shoe leather when being shown out...

As usual you ignore the established fact that the materials cost for building the structure of a 3 bed house is €8,130, you're off charging €20,000 for just windows and doors before anything else is costed...
    Are you still pushing this bullsh1t?

Show us a properly costed house and we'll talk.

All the main items costed, please.

http://www.iaosb.com/html/schedule___costs.html

and your timescale of two weeks is also bollox.

The structure costs €8,130, the cost of materials for the inside finishing - 27% of the work cost - comes to €20,000. This indicates that Irish rip off fukkin shysters tradesmen are using the low cost materials such as €50-€150 doors, €100-€150 windows, etc.

But suppose we are to be a bit more extravagant and, having had our critical faculties removed, agreed to accept bmw's estimate. Say we buy 12 inner doors for €350 a piece, a front door for €1000 and a back door for €800. That's €6000.

And say we buy 20 windows at an average of €450 apiece. That's €9000.

So 9 grand plus 6 grand is a total of €15,000 for just the windows and doors.

bmw has given us a cost of €20,000, so that's another 5 grand. That's the equivalent of 5 men working for a full week. Apparently in the world of Irish workmanship it will take 5 men a week to fit 14 doors and 20 windows.
    Try this:

Window and Door Prices in Dublin | Tradesmen.ie BlogTradesmen.ie Blog

Anything from 4 to 8 k for seven windows and 2 doors

The basic price for an internal door set is €150 per set. A three bed semi would contain at least 8 internal doors.

A roof truss is going to cost you a minimum of €175. You'll need approximately 14 for an 8m long semi detached at 600mm centres.

Then you have to felt that before tiling it. Then you have to insulate it.

That's before you take into account labour and plant hire. (You'll need at least a Manitou to place the trusses and two chippies to fix the bracing)

So, as you can see, your figures aren't worth a fúck.

you can of course choose to cut back on materials, but your choices are limited if you want to stay within planning regulations, which may dictate that you use certain colours, materials and achieve a particular BER rating.

But sure, you know better than us, eh?

At €300,000 for a 3 bed house, yes I do think I know better than you.

"Labour and materials for foundations, floor slab, masonry works and roof (incl. concrete roof tiles) - €29,829" ICF

Your link quotes tradesmen prices for retail jobs, we are costing housing using wholesale pricing provided by the industry. Or in the preferred case sourced by co-ops. Here are materials prices more in line with what's being discussed.

Is this how you advise your clients, send them to tradesmen.ie?

Maybe FG’s hands are tied by the Maastricht Criteria? That raises far more complex questions, of course.

The structure costs €8,130, the cost of materials for the inside finishing - 27% of the work cost - comes to €20,000. This indicates that Irish rip off fukkin shysters tradesmen are using the low cost materials such as €50-€150 doors, €100-€150 windows, etc.

But suppose we are to be a bit more extravagant and, having had our critical faculties removed, agreed to accept bmw's estimate. Say we buy 12 inner doors for €350 a piece, a front door for €1000 and a back door for €800. That's €6000.

And say we buy 20 windows at an average of €450 apiece. That's €9000.

So 9 grand plus 6 grand is a total of €15,000 for just the windows and doors.

bmw has given us a cost of €20,000, so that's another 5 grand. That's the equivalent of 5 men working for a full week. Apparently in the world of Irish workmanship it will take 5 men a week to fit 14 doors and 20 windows.
    well your figures are starting to look more realistic now so you have probably come close in your 15000...for windows ...so how in fup could 8000 do all you say it would..

At €300,000 for a 3 bed house, yes I do think I know better than you.

"Labour and materials for foundations, floor slab, masonry works and roof (incl. concrete roof tiles) - €29,829" ICF

Your link quotes tradesmen prices for retail jobs, we are costing housing using wholesale pricing provided by the industry. Or in the preferred case sourced by co-ops. Here are materials prices more in line with what's being discussed.

Is this how you advise your clients, send them to tradesmen.ie?
    But we aren't talking sale price, are we. i'm disputing your build price, which I think is bollox. I suggest you get out a blank piece of paper, write down all the things you need to build a house, then put prices against them. Proper P/L/M split too. You will come in at 90k minimum, unfurnished. That's leaving out profit, land price and all the other factors that drive property prices up. Purely the build cost. Off you go, you charlatan.

The foundation material of the average 3 bed house costs €2,850. The average foundation uses 15-20 cubic metres of concrete. At €69 per cubic metre that's €1,380 in concrete.

This is the kind of advice you can expect from our fellow citizens in this industry. It's like many other areas of Irish life, such as when you walk into the dentist and the first feeling you get is your pockets being rifled...
    Around here We call foundation upto and including floor.. will you add a digger for at least a couple a days =700 a load of blocks=600. 6 to 8 load good hardcore.. 2000 . average 30 sheets 4"(eg kingspan)=1500 at least..Radon sump and barrier=1500,sand ,cement etc= 100...

only labour in there is the digger man
    . will you send me on where you get conc for 69 euro.. the least youll be doing is adding vat to it..and double it as youll need to do floor aswell

how we doing with the 8thousand now?????

Quote Originally Posted by bmw1 View Post
    Around here We call foundation upto and including floor.. will you add a digger for at least a couple a days =700 a load of blocks=600. 6 to 8 load good hardcore.. 2000 . average 30 sheets 4"(eg kingspan)=1500 at least..Radon sump and barrier=1500,sand ,cement etc= 100...

only labour in there is the digger man
    . will you send me on where you get conc for 69 euro.. the least youll be doing is adding vat to it..and double it as youll need to do floor aswell

how we doing with the 8thousand now?????
    Yes all of that except the equipment hire.

Substructure including foundations, rising walls, stone fill, sand blinding and ground floor concrete slab €2,850

Above damp proof coursing blockwork and brickwork materials, incl. party wall, trowel ready mortar, cills etc. €3,220

Roof tiles, incl. ridge tilesand provision for accessories €2,060

Sub-total House cost €8,130

Source: Irida Consulting Analysis and Industry Survey
    ICF

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment