Register to Comment
Page 3 of 153 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree813Likes

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    The what now?
    Never heard of Judge Dredd?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    Virtue signalling non-elected entity challeges elected power led by roight-on, image conscious leader. How do you think that this will work out? Which one will have to back down?
    Your ability to look at this issue objectively is non existent given your sneering contempt for Amnesty.
    No one in Amnesty is going to jail, just a fantasy for you lot to whack off over.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Walsh View Post
    Your ability to look at this issue objectively is non existent given your sneering contempt for Amnesty.
    No one in Amnesty is going to jail, just a fantasy for you lot to whack off over.
    Unlike you, I'm very cynical about the whole thing. You are just a sad little chap trying to understand a world that does not conform to your simplistic rules. This Amnesty versus SIPOC thingis going to end up as a clash of egos and when that happens there can generally only be one winner.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDaisyC View Post
    Jumbotrons, uniform posters and balloons don't come cheap. There's videos of Ronan Mullah, Caroline Simons etc begging for the yankee dollar to fund them.
    https://www.isfcc.org/

How about this incredibly creepy lot, led by Rory O' Hanlon

Dozens of them (mostly non Irish) touring the country, all full time activists.
    Living in large houses, Mercedes mini bus
    No obvious funding?
    Gimme a break
    Last edited by Jack Walsh; 8th December 2017 at 01:17 PM.

Unlike you, I'm very cynical about the whole thing. You are just a sad little chap trying to understand a world that does not conform to your simplistic rules. This Amnesty versus SIPOC thingis going to end up as a clash of egos and when that happens there can generally only be one winner.
    Look, I said there isn't a chance in hell that your bold prediction that this may lead to jail for a number of Amnesty members will come true
    And I stand by that

As for you or any of your tribe accusing anyone of having a simplistic or narrow view of the world
    Don't make me laugh

Never heard of Judge Dredd?
    Yep, but not sure of the quote

I support repeal but its not Amnesty or anyone elses business outside the country to be getting involved only the Irish people through the ballet box they and they alone should only ever decide the future of this country.

Tired of Soros interfering in our affairs.

I happen to agree with amending and maybe repealing the 8th. But it should be our decision alone.

In particular OSF should stay out of our immigration system. It has been reported that the Irish govt has hired a OSF linked group to compile statistics on racism. We don't want Soros meddling in our affairs. An Irish agency can compile statistics.

The first thing to comes to mind for those of us who remember the 1992 Currency Crisis is Soros' prominent role in it.
    Last edited by Dame_Enda; 8th December 2017 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    But seeking to change the constitution is not

"any campaign conducted with a view to promoting or procuring a particular outcome in relation to a policy or policies or functions of the Government or any public authority"
    The policies on the termination of pregnancy is restricted by the 8th amendment. Campaigning to Repeal or retain or amend that is overtly political. ICCL registered as a third party for marriage equality (I think Iona eventually did). In the same way, broadcasting rules require balance, even before a referendum is called. I dont understand the objection to registration or the surprise as to why foreign donations are banned.

Now some whataboutery:
    Catholic Church has campaigned, but never registered.
    SF has raised funds from US (and NI for that matter)
    What about global NGOs eg Greenpeace?

Quote Originally Posted by Congalltee View Post
    The policies on the termination of pregnancy is restricted by the 8th amendment. Campaigning to Repeal or retain or amend that is overtly political. ICCL registered as a third party for marriage equality (I think Iona eventually did). In the same way, broadcasting rules require balance, even before a referendum is called. I don’t understand the objection to registration or the surprise as to why foreign donations are banned.

Now some whataboutery:
    Catholic Church has campaigned, but never registered.
    SF has raised funds from US (and NI for that matter)
    What about global NGOs eg Greenpeace?
    Repealing the 8th is not in the power of the government - it can merely facilitate a referendum, where the people can decide that it isn't repealed.

Page 3 of 153 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment