Register to Comment
Page 23 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 837
Like Tree298Likes
  1. #221
    Mercurial Mercurial is offline
    Mercurial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    83,955

    Quote Originally Posted by gerhard dengler View Post
    Centre for Disease Control data states that the increase in the transmission of AIDS/HIV in the population generally, and within the heterosexual community specifically, is due to this.
    No it doesn't.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #222
    Politics matters Politics matters is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,889

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
    She made an assumption about the other actor's health based on the fact that he had had sex with men. That's a prejudice. And that's okay. We all make mistakes.
    I disagree.

    The man she was asked to have sex with would be considered very high risk.

    Firstly he has sex with men he doesn't know and thus cannot know their HIV or hepatitis status (hes a gay porn star)

    Secondly, he has had unprotected anal sex, which is very dangerous behavior.

    I really can't see how the above would constitute prejudice or discrimination. The reservations the woman had very were legitimate.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #223
    Mercurial Mercurial is offline
    Mercurial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    83,955

    Quote Originally Posted by tonic View Post
    I'd say one is as bad as the other, with the exception that the fascist has a much larger target group and so has more potential for damage.

    Being you though I think would be the worst.
    Wow. You think hating gay people is just as bad as being a literal fascist?

    So since you call people fascists all the time, don't you think it's time you stopped and considered their feelings?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #224
    Mercurial Mercurial is offline
    Mercurial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    83,955

    Quote Originally Posted by Politics matters View Post
    I disagree.

    The man she was asked to have sex with would be considered very high risk.

    Firstly he has sex with men he doesn't know and thus cannot know their HIV or hepatitis status (hes a gay porn star)

    Secondly, he has had unprotected anal sex, which is very dangerous behavior.

    I really can't see how the above would constitute prejudice or discrimination. The reservations the woman had very were legitimate.
    Again, how do you know that the person in question has ever had unprotected sex?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #225
    gerhard dengler gerhard dengler is offline
    gerhard dengler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    44,832

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial
    Some people have a problem with the suggestion that having sex with a man who has also had sex with men necessarily puts one's health at risk
    Quote Originally Posted by gerhard dengler
    Centre for Disease Control data states that the increase in the transmission of AIDS/HIV in the population generally, and within the heterosexual community specifically, is due to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
    No it doesn't.
    Tell that to the CDC, Merc.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #226
    Politics matters Politics matters is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,889

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
    I hesitate to ask this, but how do you know that he didn't practice safe sex?
    Hes a gay porn star.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #227
    CookieMonster CookieMonster is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    60,926

    Quote Originally Posted by ellie08 View Post
    I sound like a prude but the porn industry should be made illegal. I'd have more time for making drugs legal than let this b/s and exploitation and perversion be perceived as normal and useful to society. As someone said, how many waxed private parts going in and out do you need to film. There must be enough on the internet for anyone to last for every hour of every day for a century - or more.
    Like drugs, I don't think banning it will do much good, it will still be made. There is indeed something about the industry which is, not necessarily deliberately, exploitative. I don't think pushing this underground would make that any better.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #228
    Mercurial Mercurial is offline
    Mercurial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    83,955

    Quote Originally Posted by gerhard dengler View Post
    Tell that to the CDC, Merc.
    Why would I? They haven't said what you attribute to them.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #229
    Mercurial Mercurial is offline
    Mercurial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    83,955

    Quote Originally Posted by Politics matters View Post
    Hes a gay porn star.
    And all the gay porn you've ever watched involved unsafe sex?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #230
    tonic tonic is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    47,849

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
    Wow. You think hating gay people is just as bad as being a literal fascist?

    So since you call people fascists all the time, don't you think it's time you stopped and considered their feelings?
    I'm just here to point out what you and your friends are, your feelings are no concern of mine.
    Thinking about it now though, in your case I doubt you have any.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 23 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment