Register to Comment
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 121
Like Tree69Likes
  1. #21
    Cruimh Cruimh is offline
    Cruimh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    96,618

    So - they are going to Reboot the Dáil Committee?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #22
    tonic tonic is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    47,856

    Quote Originally Posted by LDF View Post
    The Committee whose totally unbiased and independent Chairperson flew to London for a pro-abortion event last week?

    The Committee who voted not to retain the 8th amendment before all evidence was heard?

    Where's the evidence of bias?
    There is none, nothing to see here at all, please move along now.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #23
    Dame_Enda Dame_Enda is offline
    Dame_Enda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    38,050

    Dail committees are more about creating the appearance rather than reality of openmindedness sometimes.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #24
    The_SR The_SR is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    17,394

    Quote Originally Posted by LDF View Post
    The Committee whose totally unbiased and independent Chairperson flew to London for a pro-abortion event last week?

    The Committee who voted not to retain the 8th amendment before all evidence was heard?

    Where's the evidence of bias?
    Their remit is to implement the recommendations of the citizens convention, which was to repeal the 8th. That's it's job. Its not bias.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #25
    Verhofstadt Verhofstadt is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    7,746

    Quote Originally Posted by Emily Davison View Post
    So this is the Roche v Roche case mentioned in the OP

    https://www.herald.ie/news/mother-lo...-27936136.html

    Does it say what the OP is stating?

    The solicitor involved must be delighed with the case, according to the Indo it cost 2 Million in legal fees.

    https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-26352415.html

    He's a full on pro lifer all right, endorsed by them:

    Dublin Rathdown - Use Your Vote to Protect Human Life - Pro Life CampaignPro Life Campaign

    REN Alan Daveron Favours keeping the 8th Amendment.
    Something a bit odd about Alan:



    Was it his wife or sister than ran in Galway?

    http://www.thejournal.ie/election-20...icola-daveron/
    Last edited by Verhofstadt; 6th December 2017 at 03:04 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #26
    tonic tonic is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    47,856

    Quote Originally Posted by The_SR View Post
    Their remit is to implement the recommendations of the citizens convention, which was to repeal the 8th. That's it's job. Its not bias.
    No it isn't.

    Their job is to consider what should be done, taking into account the CA, but only as one input factor, nothing more.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #27
    Conor_Myers Conor_Myers is online now

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    102

    Quote Originally Posted by The_SR View Post
    Their remit is to implement the recommendations of the citizens convention, which was to repeal the 8th. That's it's job. Its not bias.
    That's what makes the whole exercise a biased farce. It is a Dail Committee that claims to be considering all viewpoints to arrive at a balanced decision when in reality, and to the shame of the committee I would suggest, it has presided over a propaganda campaign for the pro-choice movement.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #28
    The_SR The_SR is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    17,394

    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Myers View Post
    That's what makes the whole exercise a biased farce. It is a Dail Committee that claims to be considering all viewpoints to arrive at a balanced decision when in reality, and to the shame of the committee I would suggest, it has presided over a propaganda campaign for the pro-choice movement.
    The decision to kick repeal to referendum is fixed. Always was. The committee is there to decide what to replace it with.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #29
    The_SR The_SR is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    17,394

    Quote Originally Posted by tonic View Post
    No it isn't.

    Their job is to consider what should be done, taking into account the CA, but only as one input factor, nothing more.
    It absolutely is not. Fundamental ignorance
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #30
    tonic tonic is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    47,856

    Quote Originally Posted by The_SR View Post
    It absolutely is not. Fundamental ignorance
    Their remit is to CONSIDER, not to implement, the CA report.

    "That, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders—
    (a) a Special Committee (hereinafter referred to as ‘the Committee’) is hereby appointed, to be joined with a Special Committee to be appointed by Seanad Éireann, to form the Joint Committee on the Eighth Amendment of the Constitution to—

    (i) consider the Citizens’ Assembly report and recommendations on the Eighth Amendment of the Constitution; and

    (ii) report to both Houses of the Oireachtas, in accordance with paragraph (i);
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment