Register to Comment
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree150Likes

Acid Attack on woman in South Dublin may leave her blind

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...rock-1.3315020

Sigh.... only a matter of time before this sort of thing started here.

Not much info from the Gardai except to say that the suspect was heav-set and wore black clothes and they are hoping for more info from drivers with possible dash-cam footage to help them.

I guess that the best source of information available would be from the woman herself.

The sparsity of background information given is unsettling. Was the victim from a Middle-East background? Don't ask me. Was it a family affair? Just no information. What was her dress mode -- Well it's December now and kind of brisk weather.

A shame this sort of attack has reached Ireland. Course in London it's reached epidemic proportions. And many or a majority of the victims are Male.

Should someone splash some liquid in your face or arms etc. rinse yourself with water at the soonest possible opportunity. Do it thoroughly.
    I wonder would using pee do any good ? I'm no expert.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Shpake View Post
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...rock-1.3315020

Sigh.... only a matter of time before this sort of thing started here.

Not much info from the Gardai except to say that the suspect was heav-set and wore black clothes and they are hoping for more info from drivers with possible dash-cam footage to help them.

I guess that the best source of information available would be from the woman herself.

The sparsity of background information given is unsettling. Was the victim from a Middle-East background? Don't ask me. Was it a family affair? Just no information. What was her dress mode -- Well it's December now and kind of brisk weather.

A shame this sort of attack has reached Ireland. Course in London it's reached epidemic proportions. And many or a majority of the victims are Male.

Should someone splash some liquid in your face or arms etc. rinse yourself with water at the soonest possible opportunity. Do it thoroughly.
    I wonder would using pee do any good ? I'm no expert.
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-36377168.html

"The incident occurred after the woman - a Chinese national - left her place of work shortly after 10pm on Friday night."

elsewhere they said the victim was Chinese, whoever did it I hope they are caught and hopefully it wasn't random or a robbery

Read that. Said they're "following definite line of inquiry"..

Would lead me to believe she may have known him.

Gardai do not believe this assault was a random attack and are following a definite line of enquiry.

Quote Originally Posted by cunnyfunt View Post
    Read that. Said they're "following definite line of inquiry"..

Would lead me to believe she may have known him.

Gardai do not believe this assault was a random attack and are following a definite line of enquiry.
    We should have specific legislation dealing with acid attacks.

My deepest sympathy to the poor unfortunate woman.

The sociologists say that in most or in many cases that the attacker is known to the victim.
    From your source:
    A source close to the investigation said the victim's injuries are "life-changing" and gardai fear she may have been left blinded by the assault.
    The sad irony is that if she is left blind, she may not be of much use as a witness.

From what I've read, this practice or habit came from the East... India Pakistan ... that part of the world and carried out in many cases in connection with honour-punishments. It took root in London but now it's mostly male on male attacks.

Should be a mandatory life sentence for an attack involving acid or the like.

None of this "Oh, he was depressed/had ADHD/suffers from anxiety/was abusing substances" bollix.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    We should have specific legislation dealing with acid attacks.
    mandatory sentencing of this

"Woman seriously injured in acid attack in Blackrock"

"‘Caustic substance’ thrown in woman’s face as she walked in south Dublin on Friday"

Can a caustic substance be an acid?

Horrifying to see this barbaric crime from the middle east coming to Ireland as it has done to the rest of Europe. London seems to be where Dublin is now heading to. Pray for the victim, that the criminals will be brought to justice and that this will go no farther.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment