Register to Comment
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree150Likes

I'm betting on a really pi$$ed off hare krishna.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by tsarbomb View Post
    "Woman seriously injured in acid attack in Blackrock"

"‘Caustic substance’ thrown in woman’s face as she walked in south Dublin on Friday"

Can a caustic substance be an acid?
    Bringing my Chemistry knowledge back from the crypt. I was good at it back in my day.
    There's sort of scale called the PH scale. Water is at point zero and on one side there's the acids and the other side there's the alkalines.
    so the acids might start with lactic acid (milk) then carbonic acid (not sure on this) then acetic acid (in vinegar) then it gets stronger and more dangerous as you go down the scale with Hydrochloric acid, Nitric acid and the very strong stuff Sulphuric acid (car batteries).
    Apparently the Alkalines on the other side of the scale are more aggressive than the acids. And (not sure on this) might be found in nettles bee and wasp stings, poisonous snakes and poisonous frogs, jelly-fish etc.
    In London they say the attackers used heavy-duty cleaning fluid... kind of academic whether it's alkaline or acidic it attacks the eyes and skin.
    So if you are unlucky to suffer such an attack. rush to a source of water and rinse yourself as soon as possible.
    Hence my question to all and sundry back a few posts... would pee do any good if there's no water available. If it's a matter of minutes or seconds that make a difference and if you and your friends have just come out of the pub. ... just a suggestion.

This is a vey disgusting and heinous act the full weight of the law needs to be brought down on the bastard who did this.

Quote Originally Posted by jackdonny9876 View Post
    Don't be fooling yourself, we all know what type of people are behind this barbaric act
    It's possible but not certain. Unfortunately this sort of attack is the sort to thing other women are capable of doing out of jealousy or men who are rejected trying to make sure that if he can't have her nobody would want her. Or a case of mistaken identity or just a nut job who hates women. The reasons aren't important now, what matters is that the woman gets all the support that she needs. We could speculate about the religious orientation or nationality of the attacker but right now that's not important.

Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    There is a Muslim minority in China in Xinjiang province (ethnic Uighurs) and in China-proper (the Hui people). In the UK acid attacks started in the Pakistani community. Is this an Islamist attack? Acid attacks tend to target women and are used by abusive men to control women in patriarchal cultures. It doesn't have a pre existing history in Ireland. While Katie Pipers attacker on the UK was not Muslim it started in the Pakistani community in the UK and unfortunately has spread beyond it.
    I seem to recall reading that London has become the acid attack capital of the world now. And that males are more affected than females.
    Maybe Brexit is a good idea after all

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    We should have specific legislation dealing with acid attacks.
    Life in prison.....at least. If I was a woman, I think I'd prefer rape over an acid attack.....

These extreme attacks on women should be punished with extreme sentences!

Quote Originally Posted by artfoley56 View Post
    It's basic science
    Pun intended?

Quote Originally Posted by cunnyfunt View Post
    Life in prison.....at least. If I was a woman, I think I'd prefer rape over an acid attack.....

These extreme attacks on women should be punished with extreme sentences!
    this warrants the death penalty and nothing less!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_anderson View Post
    I'm betting on a really pi$$ed off hare krishna.
    I wouldnt jump on the conclusion of a religion, but would wager on a non national...

It simply is not an indigenous mo

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinpie View Post
    It's possible but not certain. Unfortunately this sort of attack is the sort to thing other women are capable of doing out of jealousy or men who are rejected trying to make sure that if he can't have her nobody would want her. Or a case of mistaken identity or just a nut job who hates women. The reasons aren't important now, what matters is that the woman gets all the support that she needs. We could speculate about the religious orientation or nationality of the attacker but right now that's not important.
    my heart goes out to the victim, however it is important to start talking about the scum who did this crime before it's too late and we turned into London

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment