Register to Comment
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree150Likes

There is a Muslim minority in China in Xinjiang province (ethnic Uighurs) and in China-proper (the Hui people). In the UK acid attacks started in the Pakistani community. Is this an Islamist attack? Acid attacks tend to target women and are used by abusive men to control women in patriarchal cultures. It doesn't have a pre existing history in Ireland. While Katie Pipers attacker on the UK was not Muslim it started in the Pakistani community in the UK and unfortunately has spread beyond it.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Diversity has come to Ireland.

thanks merkel

Quote Originally Posted by tsarbomb View Post
    "Woman seriously injured in acid attack in Blackrock"

"‘Caustic substance’ thrown in woman’s face as she walked in south Dublin on Friday"

Can a caustic substance be an acid?
    It's basic science

That poor woman. I don't care what gender, nationality, religious ideology whatever excuse the scumbag who did that is, they should be strung up from the nearest tree. The pain that woman is going to have to go through to recover is unimaginable and she will have to live with the scars, physical and mental, for the rest of her life. I honestly believe that a life sentence should be mandatory for anyone convicted of an acid attack.

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinpie View Post
    That poor woman. I don't care what gender, nationality, religious ideology whatever excuse the scumbag who did that is, they should be strung up from the nearest tree. The pain that woman is going to have to go through to recover is unimaginable and she will have to live with the scars, physical and mental, for the rest of her life. I honestly believe that a life sentence should be mandatory for anyone convicted of an acid attack.
    it should be the death penalty!

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinpie View Post
    Absolutely agree. We need draconian sentences for these sort of offences. You bring a weapon to an event and someone who hasn't attacked or threatened you gets killed/almost killed/ permanently disfigured, why shouldn't it be an incredibly long sentence?

As for the "Sparsity of background info", maybe the idiot police want time to investigate and not draw unneeded attention to the victim? You know: To avoid idiots making assumptions about race, religion and motivations?

Quote Originally Posted by huck seed View Post
    thanks merkel
    Puhleezzz---Thanks Mutti

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    As for the "Sparsity of background info", maybe the idiot police want time to investigate and not draw unneeded attention to the victim? You know: To avoid idiots making assumptions about race, religion and motivations?
    Don't be fooling yourself, we all know what type of people are behind this barbaric act

Quote Originally Posted by Shpake View Post
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...rock-1.3315020

Sigh.... only a matter of time before this sort of thing started here.

Not much info from the Gardai except to say that the suspect was heav-set and wore black clothes and they are hoping for more info from drivers with possible dash-cam footage to help them.

I guess that the best source of information available would be from the woman herself.

The sparsity of background information given is unsettling. Was the victim from a Middle-East background? Don't ask me. Was it a family affair? Just no information. What was her dress mode -- Well it's December now and kind of brisk weather.

A shame this sort of attack has reached Ireland. Course in London it's reached epidemic proportions. And many or a majority of the victims are Male.

Should someone splash some liquid in your face or arms etc. rinse yourself with water at the soonest possible opportunity. Do it thoroughly.
    I wonder would using pee do any good ? I'm no expert.
    Your sincere and heart-rending compassion for the victim of this horrific attack really shines through in this post.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment