Register to Comment
Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree256Likes

Fianna Fail collusion with Sinn Féin

It is of course no accident that Fianna Fail brought down the government shortly after Gerry Adams resigned. They will have no qualms entering government with Mary Lou as junior partner, while Jairy was always problematic for them. The path is now clear and Fitzgerald was just their pretext.

The obvious collusion between the economy-wreckers and the organised crime wing of the IRA may appear to signal a dark day in Irish politics and a return to FF cynicism of the past. Indeed, the damage to the Brexit negotiations will be significant. The likelihood of a hard border increases, and the position of the DUP will harden further (if that is possible).

However, one should remain sanguine. SF will be eager to toady up to Brussels and Berlin, proper little West Krauts that they are, and little will change apart from some populist taxpayers'-money-wasting initiatives around fake news stories such as "homelessness".

While the next government will surely be FF/SF, Varadkar will land some very, very heavy blows on these guys over the next few weeks. The electorate have come to associate FF with economic collapse, and FG with economic prosperity. FG have never had a leader as smart or effective as him, nor has FF ever had a leader as weak and ineffective as Martin.

This senseless election is a product of manifest collusion between Martin and FF. This will come back to haunt them both.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

You ok hun?

Quote Originally Posted by Volatire View Post
    It is of course no accident that Fianna Fail brought down the government shortly after Gerry Adams resigned. They will have no qualms entering government with Mary Lou as junior partner, while Jairy was always problematic for them. The path is now clear and Fitzgerald was just their pretext.

The obvious collusion between the economy-wreckers and the organised crime wing of the IRA may appear to signal a dark day in Irish politics and a return to FF cynicism of the past. Indeed, the damage to the Brexit negotiations will be significant. The likelihood of a hard border increases, and the position of the DUP will harden further (if that is possible).

However, one should remain sanguine. SF will be eager to toady up to Brussels and Berlin, proper little West Krauts that they are, and little will change apart from some populist taxpayers'-money-wasting initiatives around fake news stories such as "homelessness".

While the next government will surely be FF/SF, Varadkar will land some very, very heavy blows on these guys over the next few weeks. The electorate have come to associate FF with economic collapse, and FG with economic prosperity. FG have never had a leader as smart or effective as him, nor has FF ever had a leader as weak and ineffective as Martin.

Well said. It's like they're competing too see who has the biggest............

I was in the pub last night with a rather large crowd and I was verry surprised at the anti FF and SF sentiment there.

Feck! I went for a mug of cofee and the government fell? Good job I didn't have a blaa too or the EU might have collapsed as well.

SF IRA / IMFF - Sure if the economy collapses so what.

Its irrelevant to both.

Quote Originally Posted by Uganda View Post
    I was in the pub last night with a rather large crowd and I was verry surprised at the anti FF and SF sentiment there.
    The Dail bar for the Fine Gael PP meeting where everyone got drunk and voted confidence in Fitzgerald?

Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    Feck! I went for a mug of cofee and the government fell? Good job I didn't have a blaa too or the EU might have collapsed as well.
    And Cappaquin fell into the Blackwater.

That tends to be the case in Doheny and Nesbitt's alright.

Did you have 2 pints.

Quote Originally Posted by former wesleyan View Post
    And Cappaquin fell into the Blackwater.
    You say that like its a bad thing, Wes.

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment