Register to Comment
Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 448
Like Tree256Likes
  1. #1
    Volatire Volatire is offline
    Volatire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,717

    Fianna Fail collusion with Sinn Féin

    It is of course no accident that Fianna Fail brought down the government shortly after Gerry Adams resigned. They will have no qualms entering government with Mary Lou as junior partner, while Jairy was always problematic for them. The path is now clear and Fitzgerald was just their pretext.

    The obvious collusion between the economy-wreckers and the organised crime wing of the IRA may appear to signal a dark day in Irish politics and a return to FF cynicism of the past. Indeed, the damage to the Brexit negotiations will be significant. The likelihood of a hard border increases, and the position of the DUP will harden further (if that is possible).

    However, one should remain sanguine. SF will be eager to toady up to Brussels and Berlin, proper little West Krauts that they are, and little will change apart from some populist taxpayers'-money-wasting initiatives around fake news stories such as "homelessness".

    While the next government will surely be FF/SF, Varadkar will land some very, very heavy blows on these guys over the next few weeks. The electorate have come to associate FF with economic collapse, and FG with economic prosperity. FG have never had a leader as smart or effective as him, nor has FF ever had a leader as weak and ineffective as Martin.

    This senseless election is a product of manifest collusion between Martin and FF. This will come back to haunt them both.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #2
    Kerrygold Kerrygold is offline
    Kerrygold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    9,866

    You ok hun?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #3
    Uganda Uganda is offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    7,077

    Quote Originally Posted by Volatire View Post
    It is of course no accident that Fianna Fail brought down the government shortly after Gerry Adams resigned. They will have no qualms entering government with Mary Lou as junior partner, while Jairy was always problematic for them. The path is now clear and Fitzgerald was just their pretext.

    The obvious collusion between the economy-wreckers and the organised crime wing of the IRA may appear to signal a dark day in Irish politics and a return to FF cynicism of the past. Indeed, the damage to the Brexit negotiations will be significant. The likelihood of a hard border increases, and the position of the DUP will harden further (if that is possible).

    However, one should remain sanguine. SF will be eager to toady up to Brussels and Berlin, proper little West Krauts that they are, and little will change apart from some populist taxpayers'-money-wasting initiatives around fake news stories such as "homelessness".

    While the next government will surely be FF/SF, Varadkar will land some very, very heavy blows on these guys over the next few weeks. The electorate have come to associate FF with economic collapse, and FG with economic prosperity. FG have never had a leader as smart or effective as him, nor has FF ever had a leader as weak and ineffective as Martin.

    Well said. It's like they're competing too see who has the biggest............

    I was in the pub last night with a rather large crowd and I was verry surprised at the anti FF and SF sentiment there.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #4
    jmcc jmcc is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    43,824

    Feck! I went for a mug of cofee and the government fell? Good job I didn't have a blaa too or the EU might have collapsed as well.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #5
    hammer hammer is offline
    hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    62,901

    SF IRA / IMFF - Sure if the economy collapses so what.

    Its irrelevant to both.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #6
    jmcc jmcc is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    43,824

    Quote Originally Posted by Uganda View Post
    I was in the pub last night with a rather large crowd and I was verry surprised at the anti FF and SF sentiment there.
    The Dail bar for the Fine Gael PP meeting where everyone got drunk and voted confidence in Fitzgerald?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #7
    former wesleyan former wesleyan is offline
    former wesleyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    25,658

    Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    Feck! I went for a mug of cofee and the government fell? Good job I didn't have a blaa too or the EU might have collapsed as well.
    And Cappaquin fell into the Blackwater.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #8
    hollandia hollandia is online now
    hollandia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    22,347

    Quote Originally Posted by Uganda View Post
    Well said. It's like they're competing too see who has the biggest............

    I was in the pub last night with a rather large crowd and I was verry surprised at the anti FF and SF sentiment there.
    That tends to be the case in Doheny and Nesbitt's alright.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #9
    tipofdiceberg tipofdiceberg is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    8,139

    Quote Originally Posted by Uganda View Post
    Well said. It's like they're competing too see who has the biggest............

    I was in the pub last night with a rather large crowd and I was verry surprised at the anti FF and SF sentiment there.
    Did you have 2 pints.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #10
    hollandia hollandia is online now
    hollandia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    22,347

    Quote Originally Posted by former wesleyan View Post
    And Cappaquin fell into the Blackwater.
    You say that like its a bad thing, Wes.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment