Register to Comment
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Travellers most discriminated group in Ireland.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/soci...44131?mode=amp

'Travellers and Roma people remain the most shunned groups by the Irish public, with just 9 per cent of settled people saying they would want a Traveller marrying into their family.

This compares with 28 per cent who would accept a Polish person into their extended family, 25 per cent a gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender person or 23 per cent a person from Eastern Europe.

While 47 per cent of people would be happy to have a Polish co-worker, just 25 per cent would accept a Traveller as a colleague.

Settled Irish people’s attitudes to 12 different groups, including Muslims, asylum seekers and Jews, were examined for the survey commissioned by Traveller organisations and carried out by Behaviour and Attitudes.

While two per cent said they would “avoid” Polish people, and nine per cent would avoid Africans, 35 per cent of people would avoid Travellers and 37 per cent Roma people.

The findings on attitudes to Travellers and Roma were the “direct result of entrenched, institutional and societal racism and oppression”, said Maria Joyce co-ordinator of the National Traveller Women’s Forum. “It also reflects the hate experienced by Travellers in their everyday lives.”'

Seems that racism is well enshrined and institutionalized. Having met many of the travelling community in Cork and worked alongside them in anti-water charge activism I've never had a bad experience. Certainly different, but not in any way that would have made me think any of the above things. Are these poll results vindicated? What do members of stormfront.ie think?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Kommunist View Post

Seems that racism is well enshrined and institutionalized. Having met many of the travelling community in Cork and worked alongside them in anti-water charge activism I've never had a bad experience. Certainly different, but not in any way that would have made me think any of the above things. Are these poll results vindicated? What do members of stormfront.ie think?
    Are you married to one?

why would either group be discriminated against?

Quote Originally Posted by dresden8 View Post
    Are you married to one?
    I'm married to Joseph Stalins ghost

How many Traveller citizens told the survey they would welcome a non-Traveller into their family so?

I'm married to Joseph Stalins ghost
    I thought not.

This compares with 28 per cent who would accept a Polish person into their extended family, or 23 per cent a person from Eastern Europe.

Eh...

Quote Originally Posted by blokesbloke View Post
    This compares with 28 per cent who would accept a Polish person into their extended family, or 23 per cent a person from Eastern Europe.
    Never accuse a former Sov Blocker as being an Eastern European. They want to be Central European. Eastern European is Ukraine or Russia or those other small ones....

They get very uptight about it.

Was that poll taken at a neo Nazi convention?

When you say 'worked beside them'....how do you mean?

Work and the travelling community don't usually make easy accomodations, one with the other and as work is at the core of Communist ideology you'll be able to expand on this.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment