Register to Comment
Page 1 of 257 1231151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree1205Likes

88 year old Grandmother jailed for 2 years for "Holocaust Denial"

′Nazi grandma′ Ursula Haverbeck sent to prison for holocaust denial

She will probably die in jail. Very sad, why is it only the "Holocaust" that people aren't allow discuss or comment on?

Should people be jailed for "Famine denial" ?
    What about the Holodomor? Or is it only a special group that gets to do this. If it really happened like they say then why the need for such laws and imprisoning old ladies. This seems a horrific abuse of power.
    Last edited by mulligan; 2nd September 2017 at 09:30 AM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Unless you buck up your op somewhat, this is going to end up in the zoo.

You better flesh out your OP otherwise the mods will "zoo" it but thank you for highlighting this issue. It is only a matter of time before our masters in Brussels force the government to bring in such evil laws into Southern Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
    €Nazi grandma€ Ursula Haverbeck sent to prison for holocaust denial

She will probably die in jail. Very sad, why is it only the "Holocaust" that people aren't allow discuss or comment on?
    Germany is taking a strong stance against those who would deny an abhorrent time in their history. I have no problem with that. It's a libel that sits right up there with the blood libel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratio Et Fides View Post
    You better flesh out your OP otherwise the mods will "zoo" it but thank you for highlighting this issue. It is only a matter of time before our masters in Brussels force the government to bring in such evil laws into Southern Ireland.
    Added there it posted before I could on my phone. I suspect it will be Zoo'd soon. Only a matter of time before Paddy is getting sent down for this.

How does the phrase go "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize"

Quote Originally Posted by Rich OC View Post
    Germany is taking a strong stance against those who would deny an abhorrent time in their history. I have no problem with that. It's a libel that sits right up there with the blood libel.
    It might be a little more acceptable if the supporters of current day Israel faced similar fates for denying the wrongs of that Nazi state.

What about the Holodomor? Or is it only a special group that gets to do this. If it really happened like they say then why the need for such laws and imprisoning old ladies. This seems a horrific abuse of power.
    The Holocaust is a fact.
    Holocaust denial is a crime in Germany, and morally repugnant everywhere.
    Frau Haverbeck knows all of this.
    There is nothing sad about her jailing.

The old lady is the widow of a high ranking Nazi (the original Nazis) official, who has always maintained her links with extreme right wing groups and now with neo Nazis. OTOH, she is probably just a sweet little old lady being vilified by Antifa and their supporters. Perhaps she's one of those "good people" Trump was referring to.

Or maybe she's just an unrepentant Nazi supporter. And evidence that neo Nazis are not just stupid people who don't understand the significance of the symbols they display, as some posters on here have claimed.

I know which of the two suggestions I find more plausible.

Why can't a historical event be openly discussed and questioned in a free and open society?

I'm starting to think they have something to hide.

Whatever way you regard it that is a blatant attack on free speech, its a very dangerous path to be going to want to imprison someone because of them having an opinion you dont like.

Page 1 of 257 1231151101 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment