Register to Comment
Page 3 of 259 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree1214Likes

Holocaust denial is a crime in multiple countries, not just Germany. And there is a reason for that. One thing about the nazis was their meticulous record keeping. The records are there. Denying the holocaust in the full knowledge of the scale of the crime, should be a criminal offence. And it is in Germany.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Ratio Et Fides View Post
    You know that the first "Revisionist" was a French man who had actually been a prisoner in one of the Hitlerite concentration camps for resistance activities? There are a lot of holes in the official story which you can see if you read some of Rasherhash's excellent and detailed posts on the matter. All people are asking for is actual academic freedom. When Iran held it's supposed "Holocaust Denial" conference they invited over people to defend the belief that the Hitlerites actually set out to exterminate the Jews. Also as regards the "blood libel" it has been proven that some Ashkenazi extremists did seek to procure blood for magical purposes by an israeli scholar.

https://archive.org/details/BloodPassoveredited

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ariel_Toaff
    "the idea that Jews practiced ritual murder is a slanderous stereotype, and that ritual homicide or infanticide was a myth" - Ariel Toaff

Quote Originally Posted by hollandia View Post
    Holocaust denial is a crime in multiple countries, not just Germany. And there is a reason for that. One thing about the nazis was their meticulous record keeping. The records are there. Denying the holocaust in the full knowledge of the scale of the crime, should be a criminal offence. And it is in Germany.
    The OP is not arguing that he's asking -why stop there?

Quote Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
    ′Nazi grandma′ Ursula Haverbeck sent to prison for holocaust denial

She will probably die in jail. Very sad, why is it only the "Holocaust" that people aren't allow discuss or comment on?

Should people be jailed for "Famine denial" ?
    What about the Holodomor? Or is it only a special group that gets to do this. If it really happened like they say then why the need for such laws and imprisoning old ladies. This seems a horrific abuse of power.
    Well to my mind however evil the Hitlerites were to the Jews (and I believe them to have been extremely evil to them) it is highly unlikely that they murdered any of them in gas chambers, that said the whole waffle about "Holodomor" is also a piece of propaganda that sadly as really over lived it's time in a poisonous fashion and feeds ugly Little Russian/Ukrainian ultra-nationalism.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/03...-fascist-lies/

An Gorta Mor/the Irish holocaust was though a deliberate act of "culling" inspired by Anti-Catholicism with Social-Darwinism playing a role as well.

officialbritishintent - www

Quote Originally Posted by hollandia View Post
    Why should thinking something be a crime, because that what it is when you jail someone for having thoughts in their heads, surely everything should be open to question.

Of all the the unrepentant nazis out there, she seems the most likely to be a fan of Daniel O'Donnell.

Seriously, it's 2017 and she's still fighting her dead husbands war. Who care if she dies in prison? What possible loss to society is that?

The Holocaust is a fact. Jailing 88 year old ladies is a bad idea though. It just gives them martyrs.

Also I think that while laws like this may have made sense at a time when most Germans were still sympathetic to Nazism, I don't think they are necessary now. I think Germany is a prisoner of its past and it often causes them to make bad mistakes, which also includes the idea that they should not criticise Israel's treatment of the Palestinians as part of some kind of making amends for the Holocaust - in fact the two are unrelated.

A large amount of my family died in the Famine. Should we have Famine Denial Laws?

I would not support such a measure as I believe in free and open discussion and Free Speech. I guess I am morally superior to the Jewish people and many Germans also.

Quote Originally Posted by razorblade View Post
    Even so surely having an opinion no matter how distasteful shouldnt warrant someone be put behind bars, having an opinion about something shouldnt be a crime.
    You are right but the fact remains it is a crime in Germany and this woman knew that before she decided to spout off.

Would they jail a Turkish migrant in Berlin for denying the Armenian Genocide? A Belgian tourist for denying what Leopold II did in the Congo?

Can we make it illegal for liberals in New York and London to stop pretending they're devoid of selfish strategic interest in the countries they invade while we're doing this?

Any American in Europe who denies the ethnic cleansing of Native Americans, the death toll in Vietnam or who argues that Clinton and Obama are intervening in Syria devoid of selfish interest can be jailed too.

Page 3 of 259 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment