Register to Comment
Page 2 of 259 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree1214Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Rich OC View Post
    Germany is taking a strong stance against those who would deny an abhorrent time in their history. I have no problem with that. It's a libel that sits right up there with the blood libel.
    You know that the first "Revisionist" was a French man who had actually been a prisoner in one of the Hitlerite concentration camps for resistance activities? There are a lot of holes in the official story which you can see if you read some of Rasherhash's excellent and detailed posts on the matter. All people are asking for is actual academic freedom. When Iran held it's supposed "Holocaust Denial" conference they invited over people to defend the belief that the Hitlerites actually set out to exterminate the Jews. Also as regards the "blood libel" it has been proven that some Ashkenazi extremists did seek to procure blood for magical purposes by an israeli scholar.

https://archive.org/details/BloodPassoveredited

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ariel_Toaff
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

If someone denied the Irish famine would they be locked up for it,i dont think so why is this any different.

Quote Originally Posted by dundealing View Post
    It might be a little more acceptable if the supporters of current day Israel faced similar fates for denying the wrongs of that Nazi state.
    As my Mam would say two wrongs don't make a right. If we waited to take action until everyone had their house in order then we might as well just stop trying.

Jail Climate Change deniers

Quote Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
    Why can't a historical event be openly discussed and questioned in a free and open society?

I'm starting to think they have something to hide.
    She didn't discuss. She said it was a lie, the longest lie in history. I disagree with this law btw but it is the law and she knew that. Do the crime do the time.

Quote Originally Posted by razorblade View Post
    If someone denied the Irish famine would they be locked up for it,i dont think so why is this any different.
    If Dail Eireann passed a law saying denying the Famine was a crime then you might well be locked up. There is no such law. There is such a law in Germany relating to the Holocaust. Mulligan is an anti-Semitic bigot who is trying to stir the pot with his risible OP.

Quote Originally Posted by dundealing View Post
    It might be a little more acceptable if the supporters of current day Israel faced similar fates for denying the wrongs of that Nazi state.
    There's a difference- abhorrent as Israel's activities in the OT are, they don't stoop to mass extermination a la the Nazis. Genocide is a unique evil and accusations or equivalences should not lightly be thrown around. Probably the only regime in the last 30 years deserving of that epithet were the Rwandese Interahamwe.

Regarding the OP, this 'lady' is a nasty piece of work and deserves her jail time. Holocaust denial and pro-Nazism count as sedition in Germany and as such is a form of anti-state activity. We have similar sedition laws in this country for those who engage in seditious activities. It's not really a free-speech argument as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    She didn't discuss. She said it was a lie, the longest lie in history. I disagree with this law btw but it is the law and she knew that. Do the crime do the time.
    Even so surely having an opinion no matter how distasteful shouldnt warrant someone be put behind bars, having an opinion about something shouldnt be a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by petaljam View Post
    The old lady is the widow of a high ranking Nazi (the original Nazis) official, who has always maintained her links with extreme right wing groups and now with neo Nazis. OTOH, she is probably just a sweet little old lady being vilified by Antifa and their supporters. Perhaps she's one of those "good people" Trump was referring to.

Or maybe she's just an unrepentant Nazi supporter. And evidence that neo Nazis are not just stupid people who don't understand the significance of the symbols they display, as some posters on here have claimed.

I know which of the two suggestions I find more plausible.
    We've seen political prisoners in this country and how that goes. Nobody should be jailed for their views on history. This causes resentment.

Why is the line drawn at the Holocaust? What other events should be made illegal to discuss? Famine ? Holodomor? Death of Christ?

Who decides? Why one and not the other?

Quote Originally Posted by Supra View Post
    Jail Climate Change deniers
    What an absolutely inane post. Presuming you passed your junior cert, perhaps have a think about why holocaust denial is considered sedition in Germany. It doesn't require a degree in logic or history to work that one out.

Page 2 of 259 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment