Register to Comment
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

West Brit Cartographer's In Mapping Scandal

Mexicant mapmakers have struck a telling blow in the post conflict cultural war, as the folk song goes ''who's in Londonderry, Derry, Maiden, Stroke city, Dodge''...

The Constituency Commission, appointed by the Irish government last month, used the official name ‘Londonderry’ rather than ‘Derry’ on a map of Ireland, provoking anger amongst members of the Seanad (Senate).
    Donegal Fianna Fail Senator Brian Ó Domhnaill said he was shocked by the use of the term ‘Londonderry’ on the map. “I was taken aback by the recent Constituency Commission report which showed the city of Derry as Londonderry on its map. This was done by a government agency here,” he said. “That should be addressed and should never, ever be allowed to happen again, when it is paid for by the Irish taxpayer.” His Westmeath-based party colleague Aidan Davitt went further still, commenting that the use of ‘Londonderry’ on the state agency’s map was “scandalous”.

Of course the rabid Failing Fallers failed to consider that there is more than wan point of view...

“It actually reflects badly on the individuals, who have really let themselves down with being so concerned about the name Londonderry on a map. “It shows that some people do have some way to go in terms of respecting not only Northern Ireland as a country but also the counties within it.

Read more at: Londonderry map name row

Remember in the post conflict post cultural war revolution everywan will be preoffended...
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

I can't begin to describe how much that annoys me...because I lack the words to describe anything so insignificant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordie Northsider View Post
    I can't begin to describe how much that annoys me...because I lack the words to describe anything so insignificant.
    Pffft ye Palesiders never were sound on the national issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordie Northsider View Post
    I'm not sure which is sillier, insisting on putting London in front of Derry or insisting it be removed.

NI isn't a country... innit?

I wish it was tbh... independent and out there fending for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    Pffft ye Palesiders never were sound on the national issue...
    It is at times like this that we realize how important it was that the Fermanagh wan be freed.

If this is the quality of the OP's we're being treated to all of us who fought & struggled to Free The Fermanagh Wan must go pfffffttt!

Any chance of a video of the song?

Quote Originally Posted by Socratus O' Pericles View Post
    If this is the quality of the OP's we're being treated to all of us who fought & struggled to Free The Fermanagh Wan must go pfffffttt!

Brian O'Domhnaill? Wasn't that the twat that was done for expenses and drink-driving and then claimed he was not getting due process because the case would not be carried out through Irish.

That guy knows every FF stroke in the book. Bi-locatory expenses, raising Irish language hares to delay the judicial process. You name it.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment