Register to Comment
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

[QUOTE=Strawberry;11255665]
    Quote Originally Posted by londonpride View Post

You're a right sad case. Do you tug your forelock at every British person you meet?
    Why are you quoting londonpride under my name??
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    so is madam irish or british today? It can be hard to keep track.
    lmao

I do not know what mix of soldiers from the ROI are nowadays in the IGs.I remember in the mid 60s well over 50% were from Liverpool.Mainly Irish parentage.

[QUOTE=The Herren;11258396]
    Quote Originally Posted by londonpride View Post

More fancy footwork putting labels on me . Keep it simple - I don't feel any need to thanks the Brits for anything and I am not aware of many (if any ) others who differ from me. I'm Irish by the way , born and bred and proud of my country and its people. I've a feeling you cannot say the same.
    Agree with your reply to Londonpride. But your
    view on Irish history is slightly one eyed. Irish people were kept in line by the Catholic Church who as largest power in the country was only interested in strenghtening its position at any cost. There were a few Priests who stood out in their defence of the people and a few fanatical Priests who did everything in their power to ensure the the Protestant and catholic poor would never unite in opposition to the Landlords. You seem to have forgotten that it was the Catholic middlemen who were some of the worst evictors.
    Those who Londonpride calls "The real Irish ,is very true as it was those from the west classed as the unwanted who were exported to the UK in the fifties and later. It was a form of ethnic cleansing. According to historians . Eleven thousand years ago nobody lived in Ireland ,That being so we can only assume peoples filtered in from lots of directions so we are and never were a singular race as some would like to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruimh View Post
    It is quite revealing that even after nearly 100 years the Mexicants are still obsessed with the British Royal Family .....
    Every real Irish person knows there is a wee bit of unfinished business, when a good part of our country is still occupied by a country who's head of state is said monarch interest in her is to be somewhat expected?
    Last edited by LookWhoItIs; 20th June 2017 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Herren View Post
    Now I put you at about ten! You may well have tears of gratitude blinding you to the history of the Brits and the Irish but the rest of us don't have to feel the same. I owe nothing to the Brits but for sure they owe me something - like reparation for destroying Gaelic Ireland and denying my country the opportunity to develop into a modern country with its own history of triumphs and achievements instead of the litany of misery, defeats and poverty we had to endure over centuries as slaves and serfs to the British Crown. If you are not aware of our history or if you choose to ignore it and think that you can get the rest of us to agree with you then I have to conclude you argue like a child.
    Never was a Gaelic Ireland it's just a late 19th century fairy story. When the Normans arrived, they found a load of tribes chasing one a other up and down the Island.
    If truth be admitted, We probably of all the small counties in Europe had the easiest ride. They spent history being invaded and reinvaded and all the blood shed and turmoil that went with it. Us on the other hand had only one guest that over stayed there welcome.
    Last edited by Sweet Darling; 20th June 2017 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruimh View Post
    It is quite revealing that even after nearly 100 years the Mexicants are still obsessed with the British Royal Family .....
    But not as enthusiastic as the northie loyalist rednecks

What really got to my Irish pride when first arriving in NZ was meeting so many Irish with the Prefix "O, in their surnames what were ex British forces who had a unbelieveable hatred for the IRA. Actually one who became a friend was saying that when he went back to Sligo to visit family that he felt very uneasy. Another from Galway apparently wanted to or went back to assainate as many IRA men as possible. Anyway never saw him again. The reality being it reminded my dads saying regarding the Irish civil war,Was that we Irish are our own worst enemy. So Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Darling View Post
    Never was a Gaelic Ireland it's just a late 19th century fairy story. When the Normans arrived, they found a load of tribes chasing one a other up and down the Island.
    If truth be admitted, We probably of all the small counties in Europe had the easiest ride. They spent history being invaded and reinvaded and all the blood shed and turmoil that went with it. Us on the other hand had only one guest that over stayed there welcome.
    I nominate thee for the Ruth Dudley Edwards award for maturity.

Quote Originally Posted by The Herren View Post
    Now I put you at about ten! You may well have tears of gratitude blinding you to the history of the Brits and the Irish but the rest of us don't have to feel the same. I owe nothing to the Brits but for sure they owe me something - like reparation for destroying Gaelic Ireland and denying my country the opportunity to develop into a modern country with its own history of triumphs and achievements instead of the litany of misery, defeats and poverty we had to endure over centuries as slaves and serfs to the British Crown. If you are not aware of our history or if you choose to ignore it and think that you can get the rest of us to agree with you then I have to conclude you argue like a child.
    You may need counselling and an education. Not necessarily in that order
    Last edited by Sweet Darling; 20th June 2017 at 09:50 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment