Register to Comment
Page 263 of 361 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 3603
Like Tree2110Likes

"Made in China" could be a death sentence.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
    Any links to them effectively fighting fires in tower blocks rather than open landscapes?
    Worth a try though isnt it?
    Water tends to put fires out

Only hope the people would have had, would have being Zip lines to other buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by firefly123 View Post
    you're an idiot
    I'm an idiot? I see. So to be logical about this the question is - would ropes from the windows of those flats have been useful to some of those people?
    The answer appears to be 'yes' because at least 1 person made a rope from sheets, another allegedly dropped her child to people below and some others reportedly jumped.
    The question then is - how to get ropes to those people? I have provided one answer. For that apparently I am 'an idiot'.

Firefly also told us how terribly difficult bordering on the impossible and unreasonable it is to pump water up to 8 storeys and above. Within 60 seconds I had found a video showing a fireman pumping a jet of water up to the 12th storey of Grenfell Tower.

You seem a bit threatened by questioning Firefly, seeing as this is your domain. 'Don't question the firefighters' is intoned with due reverence, or demanded to be so.

The fact is you live in the age of the internet and you like everyone else is open to being analysed and questioned, it's the New Reformation. A lot don't like that including you, the old ways are more comfortable.

No-one doubts the bravery of firefighters or is ungrateful for what they do, they risk their lives. They are not above analysis. In this case they appear to have been seriously underresourced and possibly criminally negligent or subject to appalling leadership decisions regarding the outside of that building.

Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
    But sure then why bother with even the fire engines?
    Werent they all doomed anyway is your attitude
    They attempted it in Russia back in 2014 at a tower block inferno.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SeoGce_Wevw

The water hitting the building appears to have caused a fair bit of debris to fall. Not bad though.

Quote Originally Posted by Roisin3 View Post
    They attempted it in Russia back in 2014 at a tower block inferno.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SeoGce_Wevw

The water hitting the building appears to have caused a fair bit of debris to fall. Not bad though.
    Seemed to be a hit and miss with regard to the flames.

Here's the Pakistani Lahore market fire where it was difficult for fire engines to get through the narrow streets, fire fighting helicopters deployed. Apparently putting the military to use.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZM4kdFGws8

Grenfell Tower is 67 metres tall.
    This platform is 112 metres. It's all doable if the money is available.

Quote Originally Posted by gracethepirate View Post
    Seemed to be a hit and miss with regard to the flames.
    He didn't drop from directly above it as it seems the fire hadn't reached the top. He dropped it as he went in, I thought it was a good drop. The issue might be the debris from the impact, but didn't seem to cause anything major as far as I could see. Debris is gonna come down anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Civic_critic2 View Post
    I'm an idiot? I see. So to be logical about this the question is - would ropes from the windows of those flats have been useful to some of those people?
    The answer appears to be 'yes' because at least 1 person made a rope from sheets, another allegedly dropped her child to people below and some others reportedly jumped.
    The question then is - how to get ropes to those people? I have provided one answer. For that apparently I am 'an idiot'.

Firefly also told us how terribly difficult bordering on the impossible and unreasonable it is to pump water up to 8 storeys and above. Within 60 seconds I had found a video showing a fireman pumping a jet of water up to the 12th storey of Grenfell Tower.

You seem a bit threatened by questioning Firefly, seeing as this is your domain. 'Don't question the firefighters' is intoned with due reverence, or demanded to be so.

The fact is you live in the age of the internet and you like everyone else is open to being analysed and questioned, it's the New Reformation. A lot don't like that including you, the old ways are more comfortable.

No-one doubts the bravery of firefighters or is ungrateful for what they do, they risk their lives. They are not above analysis. In this case they appear to have been seriously underresourced and possibly criminally negligent or subject to appalling leadership decisions regarding the outside of that building.
    Stop making an ass of yourself

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment