Register to Comment
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

As a side issue, I noticed that the roof of the old CBS in Dun Laoghaire has collapsed. I'm betting that the building is in NAMA. After the brothers sold it, it became a hostel and market for a while. Its located in central Dun Laoghaire, I'm amazed that it has not been demolished and built on.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    None went to jail? That's not true.

Unfortunately many had died before justice could be delivered.

I know many men who even today will say they appreciate the education they got from brothers who didn't abuse their pupils. The endemic corruption and abuse within the RC didn't apply to every single religious. You over reach when you claim otherwise.
    And every single one of them knew that the CB's were a shower of bastards.

Anyone I EVER spoke to growing up said the same...not all of them, but the "decent" ones did nothing whilst abusers rampaged under their noses, the story was repeated in every CBS country wide.

I don't see the big problem. Another order a few years back were successful in over-turning DCC's restrictive zoning on institutional lands in the high court, such that now such lands are 'open to consideration' for residential use. There will be more examples of this going forward, and we need housing on serviced lands in existing built up areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruimh View Post
    It is a bit confusing - is it the Order selling off assets - assets chosen to garner sympathy - or is it the Trust? Or is the Trust just a subsection of the Christian Brothers? If it is a separate entity, do these sort of trusts enjoy the same safeguards as were given to the religious in Bunreacht?
    My question exactly. Is this the trust or the CB that's decided to sell these lands? And who's the real, beneficial owner?

Twitter
    @

Cat Pox, the erstwhile former presidential candidate could probably be quite informative on the Edmund Rice Schools Trust, the christian brothers and the various maneouverings of assets from one to the other in a game of 'hide-the-lady'. Pox was on the advisory board which helped the CB out with its maneouverings.

There's a rather large property with extensive gardens near Swords I believe which is a conference centre and hotel.

Of course the CB and ERST would tell you these are religious buildings because they hold 'retreats' there.

It is a commercial concern though and the usual fiddling with the truth pertains to this order. Same as the level of honesty you'll find in their overall estimate of their own assets.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Talbot View Post
    Cat Pox, the erstwhile former presidential candidate could probably be quite informative on the Edmund Rice Schools Trust, the christian brothers and the various maneouverings of assets from one to the other in a game of 'hide-the-lady'. Pox was on the advisory board which helped the CB out with its maneouverings.

There's a rather large property with extensive gardens near Swords I believe which is a conference centre and hotel.

Of course the CB and ERST would tell you these are religious buildings because they hold 'retreats' there.

It is a commercial concern though and the usual fiddling with the truth pertains to this order. Same as the level of honesty you'll find in their overall estimate of their own assets.
    What's the truth worth when the Truth is at stake, after all!

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by Toland View Post
    What's the truth worth when the Truth is at stake, after all!
    The pence and the ha'pence. Quite the irony that the cult is awash with relics and general things you are supposed to revere and their real god is staring us in the face all the time.

Buckshee.

The usual suspects are going ape sh it, because the Brothers
    weren't paying up on the old compensation.

They then sell off land to pay that compensation - and parents
    are 'outraged'.

Quote Originally Posted by PBP voter View Post
    Teachers at Deansgrange school feel

So now religious orders have to sell off parts of school to fund the redress scheme.

Great. Now the schools system will be damaged.

Why is this let happen? Do the Christian Brothers not have other assets to sell off? I know they made a fortune selling off their HQ on the NCR in Dublin 7. A fine old building which shouldn't have been knocked down by the way. (A separate issue of course)

But they don't HAVE to.

They are choosing to sell off this land.

I'd say that most posters on this thread are correct - the CBs are choosing to sell off land that is used for school playing fields so that it will cause as much disruption to local communities as possible. It is an act of giving a big fat middle finger to the state, and the local communities involved.

Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    They were all perverts eh ...
    One of the Cistercians more ordinary pupils there.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678 16 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment