Register to Comment
Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

1.6 Billion Pay Demand Made by Public Service Unions

Another stark example of Apartheidal nature of Irish Society, public sector unions have demanded pay increases to the tune of a mere 1.6 Billion and their obscene pensions are not to be touched!

Give us

I suspect that they will get most of what they want!

You know some people take the view that our public sector are the equivalent of the miners fighting Thatcher, the reality is very much they are grabbing to the last and beggaring everyone else to the last!

Their work shyness is really only outpaced by their insatiable greed and of course their uncanny abilities to get their relations into the system to pig at the trough as well!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

If you support the right of private sector employees to seek improved conditions or rather have conditions restored, why not with the public sector?

Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    If you support the right of private sector employees to seek improved conditions or rather have conditions restored, why not with the public sector?
    It is totally different, we, as a people do not have the vast privileges that public sector workers and have and indeed should not have in the first place such as unsackability. We also have to borrow to pay for them! The list is a very long one!

How do other nations control these pups? The bottom line is if you have a group of 'workers' privileged like this, you don't actually have a society!

The PS trade unions response to the wanton corruption of the PS Gardai is to look for a big pay rise ...

countdown to Patslatt, Patslatt1 or one of his other accounts begins

As you say "I suspect that they will get most of what they want" because, wait for it, I am going to say it, THEY ARE ENTITLED TO IT.......there, I said it. I put it in capitals because Patslatt, Patslatt1 etc loves to reinforce his point (all PS related points) by using capitals
    But I say they are entitled to it,in the same way as all workers are entitled to a pay increase, because they are after 10 years of cuts, levies, reductions in terms and conditions, increased productivity, increased hours, reduced leave, increased taxes and increased cost of essentials (insurance, child minding, living accommodation, 3rd level fees, transport costs etc)
    So yes, you are right, they will likely get "most of what they want"

Quote Originally Posted by General Urko View Post
    It is totally different, we, as a people do not have the vast privileges that public sector workers and have and indeed should not have in the first place such as unsackability. We also have to borrow to pay for them! The list is a very long one!
    Public servants can be sacked. Just not as regular as the private sector, granted. Is that a bad thing, in of itself?

Borrowing these days is cheap. Makes sense to do so rather than take funds from important capital projects. Let inflation take care of the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Mercedes View Post
    "they will be terminated".......bit extreme even for you sis. Although when it comes to Regan I guess it is not surprising

Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment