Register to Comment
Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Quote Originally Posted by slumdog71 View Post
    And then you have clowns on to their key boards talking about useless Public Service yet this hospital will be planned and built by private sector companies eager to fill their profits from ordinary taxpayers.
    Who is overseeing the project ......?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Cdebru View Post
    No that is an outlandish claim, most do the best job they can, I am just off the phone to someone in Revenue, could not have been any nicer or more helpful, and that is my experience with the vast majority of public and civil servants I come in contact with.
    Did you listen to the nice message that told you , current response time to correspondence is 30 working days ...or to put it another way 6 weeks ? To answer a letter

Why do you need a source >? People seem to be able to quote whatever they want on this site.
    If you can't back up a statement like that, (or concede that is isn't true), you aren't worth talking to.

Quote Originally Posted by HYENA View Post
    Civil servants are worth every penny, they up groceries in your local shop, unlike the clients of KPMG, PWC, E&J, D&lT. Their clients are our shyster builders who hid their land banks in the wife's name and claimed like their patron saint Bertie, that they had no bank accounts, and no liability for fire traps constructed before their bankruptcy.
    Just think about that one for a minute!!

Now, consider where the blame, liabilty etc for that state of affairs lyes....I ll give you a hint..its not limited to one entity!

I never said private sector workers don't contribute, all workers contribute, you unfortunately are falling into the divide and conquer trap, were the establishment in this state tries to pit one group of workers against another.

Kind of ironic given your tag line of neither King nor Kaiser, i presume you know where that line originated.
    What you fail to realise is

1) We are already divided, there is little commonality between private and public sector.
    2) The establishment, includes ps unions!

Why do you need a source >? People seem to be able to quote whatever they want on this site.
    idiot...and I dont need to prove it!

What about their pensions ? Pensions for ordinary employees in the Public Sector are rubbish. Stop believing what you heard once.
    Ordinary Public Sector workers can be sacked just not in the same fashion as private sector workers but they can be sacked.

Ordinary ps workers are held accountable for every single day for their work. I don't know what you mean about unvouched sick days. Ordinary ps workers don't do "unvouched sick days"

The State legislated for maternity leave, job sharing. You voted for those policies. If you dont want maternity leave or job sharing vote against it. Or perhaps you just don't want it for me. Its fine for yourself

What golden handshake ? I was employed under terms and conditions. It was open to you to join as well.

Pension is not attractive anymore. I am forced to pay for it every week. If it is so good why won't the State let me stop paying in to it. Hvae you ever asked yourself that question or are you too busy repeating the some old cliches over and over again.
    Did you ask, did you appraoch your union to get them to ask or lobby for it ?

Did you think about how ps pensions are funded and maybe stumble accross the reason why you wont ever be able to remove yourself from paying for "your" pension.

Can we just call 90% of them Self Servants?

SS has a much more honest ring to it than PS.

Give them a Ferrero Rocher and a kick up the hole...quickly followed by a pay cut and more demanding work conditions.

Do you understand what increments even are ? They are not a pay rise they are a payscale, they were introduced to save moneyso instead of everyone starting on the full pay they start people off lower and increase it till they get to the full pay.

There is no pay premium it is an invented fallacy to keep nobs like you angry at the wrong people, people are paid more in the Public Sector because they are in general better qualified than those outside the public sector, if you take 200 people working in a shopping centre next door to 200 people working in a hospital, it would hardly come as a shock that those in the hospital are earning more, that is not a premium.

If you want to criticise the management of the public sector that is a different issue but just lumping all public servants together and dismissing the hard work that the vast vast majority of them do day in and day out is not only insulting but irrationally stupid.
    Nonsense.

Increments are payable provided the individual's performance is at or above a certain level. Correct me if I'm wrong but something like less than a half of one per cent of individuals have ever been refused an increment. 99% + full performance. My, aren't we lucky to have such an extraordinary bunch of people working on our behalf.

You also deny that a pay premium exists and that the vast difference between the pay in public private sectors is due to the fact that they are better qualified, and you cite the shopping centre/ hospital analogy in support of this. How come the shopping centre workers are paid the same as the hospital ones in germany? Are German public servants much less qualified than their Irish counterparts.?

Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment