Register to Comment
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Quote Originally Posted by farnaby View Post
    Strange case. Surely an advert to rent a property falls under "invitation to treat" and the choice of tenant is at the discretion of the landlord (provided some very specific discrimination rules are respected).

And if this was the landlord's instruction, why is the estate agent paying? Shooting the messenger.
    Marital status is protected under the legislation so its directly prohibited to discriminate on that basis. She had a cut and dry case. Indeed it is interesting the agent got sued but I suppose its no defence to claim you carried out QN illegal act for someone else.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by LISTOWEL MAN View Post
    did Erica Fleming get a place to live yet ?
    she has, but she turned down a 2 b/r apartment in Clontarf before that,and state prepared to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by LISTOWEL MAN View Post
    did Erica Fleming get a place to live yet ?

But of course.
    And her 'forever home' too.

Now that she has her new home with her daughter, Erica joked to Ray D'Arcy: "There's no moving me now!
    Erica Fleming gets keys to new home after 22 months in hotel accommodation - Dublin Live

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin Coir View Post
    she has, but she turned down a 2 b/r apartment in Clontarf before that,and state prepared to pay for it.
    I'm sure the next person on the list took it, probably because it wasn't on the other side of the city from her family and her child's school.
    The problem you and your ilk have with the likes of Erica Flemming and Maurice McCabe etc, is that they expose the flaws in yor government's state agencies.
    Whistleblowers are to be smeared and attacked at any cost, in order to protect the princesses of the PS/CS who are incapable of doing the job we pay them to do in a correct manner.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_anderson View Post
    She's paying rent ?

Quote Originally Posted by farnaby View Post
    Strange case. Surely an advert to rent a property falls under "invitation to treat" and the choice of tenant is at the discretion of the landlord (provided some very specific discrimination rules are respected).

And if this was the landlord's instruction, why is the estate agent paying? Shooting the messenger.
    I think it would fall foul of the Equal Status Act under 'family status'.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
    I'm sure the next person on the list took it, probably because it wasn't on the other side of the city from her family and her child's school.
    The problem you and your ilk have with the likes of Erica Flemming and Maurice McCabe etc, is that they expose the flaws in yor government's state agencies.
    Whistleblowers are to be smeared and attacked at any cost, in order to protect the princesses of the PS/CS who are incapable of doing the job we pay them to do in a correct manner.
    FFS, I don't think Erica Flemming is in the same league as Maurice McCabe.

I wonder when will single people sue other people in the courts because they were rejected by a member of the opposite sex?

He rejected me because he didn't consider me attractive enough or that I was too fat or too small or that I was a member of the travelling community or that I was black etc or that I came from the wrong side of the city.

Even better will a Heterosexual person be sued for rejecting the advances of a Homosexual person? They hate gays etc.

In the case mentioned, if there is a law that prevents discrimination against a single person with a child in regard to renting a house, why isn't the fine the rental management company has to pay (€3000) paid to the state? Why is it given to the mother?

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher2 View Post
    FFS, I don't think Erica Flemming is in the same league as Maurice McCabe.
    I didn't say she was.
    She is a whistleblower who exposes the madness of the way the state is attempting to provide social housing here though.
    Contrarian as usual, eh?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment