Register to Comment
Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree284Likes

Kenny increasingly looking like he's digging his heels in

Kenny: NI & Brexit take precedence over FG leadership

Brexit and North more vital than departure date, says Kenny

Time for Enda Kenny to play trump card and quit | Irish Examiner

Deep down, Taoiseach knows US trip is a high point that will not be repeated - Independent.ie

He appears to have played a blinder in Washington (that's the general consensus, much to Brendan Howlin's discombobulation). But he should know that this has to have been the last act in his career as Taoiseach. Yet his latest statements as reported by RTE seem to suggest he wants to hold on as long as possible in order to end his career on a high note.

Do his minions now need to act to ensure that his career ends now, even if it means ending in failure (like all political careers are supposed to)?

And can they do so? What is it that's stopping them? Disunity? Jockeying the job of succeeding him? Unwillingness to be seen as the one who wielded the knife?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Twitter
    @

Always tempting for someone in Kenny's position that there is some sunlit upland of a moment where his legacy will be assured that is just around the corner.

Invariably pols who hang around too long- and personally I think he should not have been Taoiseach in this government- end up in a worse situation and pretty much relieved of duty generally by their own party.

The implications for Northern Ireland around Brexit are at a minimum a two year process from this week and for NI probably longer than that so whatever Kenny is hinting at he is basically suggesting he stays until he is thrown out. Which is what will happen.

I doubt Kenny has six months within his own party never mind a period of years and given the chemical mix in the current administration I'd be surprised if he even lasts that long.

The pretenders have had their faces publicly slapped.
    What are they going to do?

Quote Originally Posted by jpc View Post
    The pretenders have had their faces publicly slapped.
    What are they going to do?
    How so? And who are the pretenders you speak of?

In my opinion, the FG leadership contest should be called now, takes a few weeks anyway, nothing to stop Kenny from involvement in any of these issues until new leader is in place. Of course, he think he knows better and that others cannot be trusted to run the party but he forgets one thing, he's on borrowed time as it is and it's not in the best interests of the country for him to remain on.

Quote Originally Posted by ted08 View Post
    In my opinion, the FG leadership contest should be called now, takes a few weeks anyway, nothing to stop Kenny from involvement in any of these issues until new leader is in place. Of course, he think he knows better and that others cannot be trusted to run the party but he forgets one thing, he's on borrowed time as it is and it's not in the best interests of the country for him to remain on.
    Endas final ego trip is on.

If it leads to the destruction of the fine gael scum, then he should stay as long as he wants!

As a politician I could tell you a few things about Enda that would shock you. In the cabinet room he acts and performs like a lost child who really hasn't a clue what is going on.

However with that I would give the man some credit and admiration.

I have never met a survivor like Enda, it amazes me that anywhere else in the world they wouldnt let this guy near politics and yet in Ireland not only is he the leader of Fine Gael he is the leader of our country, he manages to survive like a cockroach in a nuclear holocaust.

For that Enda I truly admire you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKing View Post
    As a politician I could tell you a few things about Enda that would shock you. In the cabinet room he acts and performs like a lost child who really hasn't a clue what is going on.

However with that I would give the man some credit and admiration.

I have never met a survivor like Enda, it amazes me that anywhere else in the world they wouldnt let this guy near politics and yet in Ireland not only is he the leader of Fine Gael he is the leader of our country, he manages to survive like a cockroach in a nuclear holocaust.

For that Enda I truly admire you.
    What are you doing posting here? Don't you have single mothers to be throwing into magadalene laundry sites?

Quote Originally Posted by bokuden View Post
    What are you doing posting here? Don't you have single mothers to be throwing into magadalene laundry sites?
    Ohh you funny person, using an awful tragedy like that to political point score and comical value. how big of you.

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment