Register to Comment
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree284Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Toland View Post
    Kenny: NI & Brexit take precedence over FG leadership

Brexit and North more vital than departure date, says Kenny

Time for Enda Kenny to play trump card and quit | Irish Examiner

Deep down, Taoiseach knows US trip is a high point that will not be repeated - Independent.ie

He appears to have played a blinder in Washington (that's the general consensus, much to Brendan Howlin's discombobulation). But he should know that this has to have been the last act in his career as Taoiseach. Yet his latest statements as reported by RTE seem to suggest he wants to hold on as long as possible in order to end his career on a high note.

Do his minions now need to act to ensure that his career ends now, even if it means ending in failure (like all political careers are supposed to)?

And can they do so? What is it that's stopping them? Disunity? Jockeying the job of succeeding him? Unwillingness to be seen as the one who wielded the knife?
    Kenny is still hoping for some glorious well paid position in the EU hierarchy but since that hierarchy is about to bifurcate I should imagine he's doing his best to ensure he's in the with the right crowd in the new landscape. I think it a reasonable question to ask as to whether he is trying to deliver up Ireland to the big six or fighting for recognition of the fact that Brexit leaves this country in a very awkward position which requires careful handling and a retreat from the counterproductive hard line stance shown by the commission and Germany in particular.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by TheKing View Post
    As a politician I could tell you a few things about Enda that would shock you. In the cabinet room he acts and performs like a lost child who really hasn't a clue what is going on.

However with that I would give the man some credit and admiration.

I have never met a survivor like Enda, it amazes me that anywhere else in the world they wouldnt let this guy near politics and yet in Ireland not only is he the leader of Fine Gael he is the leader of our country, he manages to survive like a cockroach in a nuclear holocaust.

For that Enda I truly admire you.
    Indeed, he is a little scared self interested rat. But aren't all politicians similar? He just takes it to extremes.

Ohh you funny person, using an awful tragedy like that to political point score and comical value. how big of you.
    The party you support is doing that right now. I assume you think that this is a good thing. Your scumbag leaders do.

As a politician I could tell you a few things about Enda that would shock you. In the cabinet room he acts and performs like a lost child who really hasn't a clue what is going on.

However with that I would give the man some credit and admiration.

I have never met a survivor like Enda, it amazes me that anywhere else in the world they wouldnt let this guy near politics and yet in Ireland not only is he the leader of Fine Gael he is the leader of our country, he manages to survive like a cockroach in a nuclear holocaust.

For that Enda I truly admire you.
    It's not often I find myself agreeing with you but in this case I feel an exception may be made although I truly doubt that anything can shock us when it comes to Enda's performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher2 View Post
    Indeed, he is a little scared self interested rat. But aren't all politicians similar? He just takes it to extremes.
    Yes, although fine gael have an added hatred of the poor that makes them particularly odious.

It was a superb performance - the bowl offered with both hands, the inclination of the head, the deferential half-smile and then the small backward step. No petitioner at the court of Henry VIII could have done as well.

Here's how it's done in Thailand but for an Irish Taoiseach the full de Valera is not necessary and the knee doesn't have to touch the ground.

Makes you proud to be a citizen of this great republic.

Quote Originally Posted by bokuden View Post
    The party you support is doing that right now. I assume you think that this is a good thing. Your scumbag leaders do.
    The country you are a citizen is doing that right now. What are you doing about it other than typing a post on P.ie?

Yep, FG have their own version of Charlie Haughey when it comes to a leader that'll need a crowbar to get him out of the leadership position.

"don't do it Albert ( Leo) don't burst the party"

The country you are a citizen is doing that right now. What are you doing about it other than typing a post on P.ie?
    I have never voted for the scum who are doing this. You come on here and actually defend them.

Quote Originally Posted by bokuden View Post
    Yes, although fine gael have an added hatred of the poor that makes them particularly odious.
    Give them their due there was a public backing off from the spite shown after the first mid term set backs of the last government. FG came prancing in thinking they could set the world to rights with their hate speech directed at the unemployed and less well off but certainly on here it is nowhere near as strident as it once was. The party has, to a certain extent, realised that winning an election is not about being given the right to rule as they wish but it is being entrusted to govern the country, a huge difference and not everybody has cottoned by any means but there has been a discernible shift although there is still a long long way to go.

Oh, and I still wouldn't trust then an inch.

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment