Register to Comment
Page 2 of 529 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 102 502 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 5283
Like Tree3877Likes
  1. #11
    damus damus is offline
    damus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19,270

    Quote Originally Posted by HereWeGoAgain View Post
    was 'providing topcover for rescue 115 on a medivac off the coast of Erris when contact was lost'

    here's video link to Rescue115 returning with original casualty before returning to search for #Rescue116

    thanks to Fergus Sweeney, freelance cameraman
    https://twitter.com/FergusMaSuibhne
    I do see Rescue 116 taking off and returning to their base....brave and courageous professionals....I can't fathom what their families and colleagues must be going through at this time.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #12
    HereWeGoAgain HereWeGoAgain is offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11,743

    Quote Originally Posted by damus View Post
    I do see Rescue 116 taking off and returning to their base....brave and courageous professionals....I can't fathom what their families and colleagues must be going through at this time.
    Absolutely heartbreaking for families and those closest.
    There are no words.
    Please #let them be safe.
    It's now almost seven hours since went missing.
    devastated for those brave men and women who take on such dangerous tasks and await news of their colleagues this morning.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #13
    damus damus is offline
    damus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19,270

    Quote Originally Posted by HereWeGoAgain View Post
    Absolutely heartbreaking for families and those closest.
    There are no words.
    Please #let them be safe.
    It's now almost seven hours since went missing.
    devastated for those brave men and women who take on such dangerous tasks and await news of their colleagues this morning.
    I wonder how many coastguard heli bases that we have here in Ireland? Is there nothing closer?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #14
    Boy M5 Boy M5 is offline
    Boy M5's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    20,398

    Quote Originally Posted by damus View Post
    I wonder how many coastguard heli bases that we have here in Ireland? Is there nothing closer?
    Sligo, Dublin, Shannon and Waterford.
    They refuel at certain helipads for long flights - particularly if off north west or West Cork.

    This helicopter which is twin engined was just off coast but had been further out suporting the Shannon helicopter.
    Normally the Air Corps do this I thought but they have staff shortages at present so I think Baldonnell is shut at certain hours. One of the papers had it May had to fly into Dublin Airport not Baldonnell when she came over to lie to and patronise us last month.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #15
    Carlos Danger Carlos Danger is offline
    Carlos Danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,282
    Twitter
    @

    One person found so far. Alive, but critical and on board one of the lifeboats headed ashore.

    Hoping they can the others.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #16
    damus damus is offline
    damus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19,270

    Quote Originally Posted by Boy M5 View Post
    Sligo, Dublin, Shannon and Waterford.
    They refuel at certain helipads for long flights - particularly if off north west or West Cork.

    This helicopter which is twin engined was just off coast but had been further out suporting the Shannon helicopter.
    Normally the Air Corps do this I thought but they have staff shortages at present so I think Baldonnell is shut at certain hours. One of the papers had it May had to fly into Dublin Airport not Baldonnell when she came over to lie to and patronise us last month.
    Just listening to RTE....Eugene Clonan...you can hear it in his voice....one casualty was located in a critical condition....not much hope.
    Last edited by damus; 14th March 2017 at 08:39 AM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #17
    Watcher2 Watcher2 is offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    26,125

    Just heard it on the radio. Terrible news.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #18
    Elvis jaffacake Elvis jaffacake is offline
    Elvis jaffacake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,151

    ************************....
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #19
    ShinnerBot No.32564844524 ShinnerBot No.32564844524 is offline
    ShinnerBot No.32564844524's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,851

    Hoping they find more alive, the coast guard is a great service.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #20
    Clanrickard Clanrickard is offline
    Clanrickard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    37,505

    They are not holding out much hope.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment