Register to Comment
Page 1 of 19 123 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 182
Like Tree121Likes
  1. #1
    TruthInTheNews TruthInTheNews is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    854

    Dublin was a safer place when the IRA was active. Is this an indictment of the failed policies of Francis Fitzgerald?

    The murder rate in the Republic of Ireland was consistently below 1.0 per 100,000 inhabitants between 1969 and 1995. The murder rate in the Republic has consistently been above 1.0 per 100,000 inhabitants since 1995. Most murders are committed in the Dublin Metropolitan Area so these figures are really indicative of the murder rate in Dublin. Most murders in Dublin are drug related.


    These figures indicate that Dublin was a safer place when the IRA policed drug dealers. Is this an indictment of the failed policies of Francis Fitzgerald? What can be done to provide a deterrent now that the penalties imposed by the IRA such as punishment beatings, kneecappings, exile and extra judicial executions are not available.




    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...999-056-p38-17
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #2
    ruserious ruserious is offline
    ruserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,531

    There was also more ice cream eaten in Bray during the glory days of the IRA...
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #3
    truthandjustice truthandjustice is offline
    truthandjustice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,721

    I don't socialise in Dublin town after 7 pm. I'll have a few pints in town but I'm heading to my local by 7 pm. Horrible atmosphere in town especially in the wee hours.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #4
    RepublicOfLuas RepublicOfLuas is offline
    RepublicOfLuas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,986

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthInTheNews View Post
    The murder rate in the Republic of Ireland was consistently below 1.0 per 100,000 inhabitants between 1969 and 1995. The murder rate in the Republic has consistently been above 1.0 per 100,000 inhabitants since 1995. Most murders are committed in the Dublin Metropolitan Area so these figures are really indicative of the murder rate in Dublin. Most murders in Dublin are drug related.

    These figures indicate that Dublin was a safer place when the IRA policed drug dealers. Is this an indictment of the failed policies of Francis Fitzgerald? What can be done to provide a deterrent now that the penalties imposed by the IRA such as punishment beatings, kneecappings, exile and extra judicial executions are not available.




    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...999-056-p38-17


    You're forgetting to include the ones the IRA didn't tell you about
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #5
    silverharp silverharp is offline
    silverharp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    9,701

    look what happened to global warming after they went too....bring back the RAAAAAAAAAAA
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #6
    Lonewolfe Lonewolfe is offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    19,004

    Sweet suffering. ..

    It's true what they say about posters with the word, "truth" in their username.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #7
    ruserious ruserious is offline
    ruserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,531

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolfe View Post
    Sweet suffering. ..

    It's true what they say about posters with the word, "truth" in their username.
    I've been saying it for years. Truth or Éire. Guaranteed loopers.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #8
    Spanner Island Spanner Island is offline
    Spanner Island's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    18,094

    Quote Originally Posted by truthandjustice View Post
    I don't socialise in Dublin town after 7 pm. I'll have a few pints in town but I'm heading to my local by 7 pm. Horrible atmosphere in town especially in the wee hours.
    No guarantee you're safe in suburbia >>> Three young female tourists left 'hysterical' after attack on way to airport - Independent.ie
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #9
    Lonewolfe Lonewolfe is offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    19,004

    Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    I've been saying it for years. Truth or Éire. Guaranteed loopers.
    There's megalomania in both alright. One claiming to hold the absolute truth and the other claiming to be the authentic voice of the nation.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #10
    hollandia hollandia is offline
    hollandia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    14,427

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthInTheNews View Post
    The murder rate in the Republic of Ireland was consistently below 1.0 per 100,000 inhabitants between 1969 and 1995. The murder rate in the Republic has consistently been above 1.0 per 100,000 inhabitants since 1995. Most murders are committed in the Dublin Metropolitan Area so these figures are really indicative of the murder rate in Dublin. Most murders in Dublin are drug related.


    These figures indicate that Dublin was a safer place when the IRA policed drug dealers. Is this an indictment of the failed policies of Francis Fitzgerald? What can be done to provide a deterrent now that the penalties imposed by the IRA such as punishment beatings, kneecappings, exile and extra judicial executions are not available.




    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...999-056-p38-17
    My wages were lower when the IRA were active. But I got more summer holidays abroad back then. So I guess I'm on the fence.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 1 of 19 123 11 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment