Register to Comment
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Quote Originally Posted by hollandia View Post
    You seem to be suggesting that FG need to go down the Duertes route. Whilst that may be popular with some of the party, it won't sell with the country at large. Especially since they hate the 'ra.

Also your logic doesn't stack up. According to the CSO 2015 saw less murders than some years of the troubles.
    The crime rate in the Philippines has fallen by 49% since Duarte authorised the extra judicial killing of drug dealers.

PNP chief: Crime rate down 49% | Headlines, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com

This finding supports the view that the extra judicial punishments handed out by the IRA for drug dealing had a constraining effect on drug related crime in Dublin.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Therightroad View Post
    Its the same all over the country....if you had a local hoodlum causing mayhem and the guards were too lazy to do anything ..you spoke to a local republican who wasn't long sorting it out.....
    Now many towns and villages have no guards for starters and the Republicans aren't or cant do anything so you have travellers & other criminals driving round robbing and selling drugs without a care in the world...sad times In Ireland
    I wouldn't say that this was common all over the country. Support for the imposition of extra judicial punishments was confined mainly to deprived communities in Dublin which were blighted by drug addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Quirell View Post
    You will need to establish causation even should you demonstrate correlation.
    The causation is the absence of a strong deterrent. Drug tourists head for Amsterdam, not Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by RepublicOfLuas View Post
    Don't forget the posters who claim to have a 'Pragmatic' approach
    Prag was a brilliant poster, and I say that as someone who fundamentally disagreed with him about a lot of basic principles, I miss his wit and insights. He was basically a good lad.

Quote Originally Posted by TruthInTheNews View Post
    I wouldn't say that this was common all over the country. Support for the imposition of extra judicial punishments was confined mainly to deprived communities in Dublin which were blighted by drug addiction.
    Drugs were unheard of in rural Ireland when the IRA were active....In areas like North Kerry West Limerick it would be like signing your own death warrant selling drugs .....but also robberies of elderly & Isolated people was minimal ...travellers didn't know if that old gent was a republican supporter etc etc ...plus at the hours of the night travellers do their robbing many republicans were out and about so travellers weren't such tough men then.....

Quote Originally Posted by TruthInTheNews View Post
    PIRA beat junkeys to death in "unsanctioned" operations. PIRA is a criminal cult. This thread belongs in the zoo. They introduced the gun to crime - murdering gardai, GAA p[layers & nuns, taking hostages and torturing them etc. Your ordinary decent PIRA criminals belong behind bars in a jail or a zoo. like this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by General Urko View Post
    From the time I was an adolescent in the 80s I was probably capable of more ejaculations per day and that was during Provo Bollex acting than I am now so my average per year would have been higher under the Provos than now!
    Very good.

Did the provo's police drug dealers.

If no then no debate here. There absence means nothing.

If yes has there been a noticeable difference since they stepped down?

No it's an indictment of the difference between a fair legal system which requires proof beyond a reasonable doubt and humane punishment and kangaroo courts and torture and murder passing for justice.

All very easy to say it was nicer when there was mob rule until you were one of the victims of mob rule.

How did guns insinuate themselves into the drug gang culture in Dublin? As a reaction to the RA?

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678 16 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment