Register to Comment
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 121
Like Tree33Likes
  1. #61
    RepublicOfLuas RepublicOfLuas is offline
    RepublicOfLuas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,931

    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalShariah View Post
    ....You cannot escape fate!
    Yes, and to quote Christy Moore, everybody down the graveyard votes the same.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #62
    mangaire1 mangaire1 is offline
    mangaire1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,259

    Quote Originally Posted by Des Quirell View Post
    So you applied no rigorous intellectual reasoning then?
    Just relied on some unspoken and undescribed previously-held assumption about what happens in gay bars. That strikes me as somewhat homophobic.
    "rigorous intellectual reasoning" !!!!!- my arse, Des !!!
    as John McEnroe used to say -
    you can't be serious man
    chalkdust !!

    BTW - if my mate & i had undertaken ...... ahem ..... "rigorous intellectual reasoning", before making that critical decision of ours, to leave a pub,
    might we not then be regarded as .... ahem .... "somewhat homophobic" ???
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #63
    Bill Bill is online now

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,630

    I stayed in a lesbian hotel once, lesbians are very helpful and cook an excellent breakfast
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #64
    TheYouthVote TheYouthVote is offline
    TheYouthVote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,858

    They can change your tyres too.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #65
    Roll_On Roll_On is offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,633

    Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    No he isn't. He was uncomfortable so he left with his mate. Should he have stayed on in a place he didn't like?
    he was made uncomfortable by the presence of homosexuality i.e. homophobic.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #66
    Bill Bill is online now

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,630

    Quote Originally Posted by TheYouthVote View Post
    They can change your tyres too.
    as i said very helpful
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #67
    Roll_On Roll_On is offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,633

    Quote Originally Posted by mangaire1 View Post
    "rigorous intellectual reasoning" !!!!!- my arse, Des !!!
    as John McEnroe used to say -
    you can't be serious man
    chalkdust !!

    BTW - if my mate & i had undertaken ...... ahem ..... "rigorous intellectual reasoning", before making that critical decision of ours, to leave a pub,
    might we not then be regarded as .... ahem .... "somewhat homophobic" ???
    did you think that a big bad gay man would hurt you?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #68
    Roll_On Roll_On is offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,633

    To answer that posters question, yes, an irrational fear or hatred of homosexuality or a homosexual person, to the point that you would actually remove yourself from an otherwise comfortable establishment, is the very definition of "homophobia". I don't see another way to look at it tbh.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #69
    mangaire1 mangaire1 is offline
    mangaire1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,259

    Quote Originally Posted by Roll_On View Post
    To answer that posters question, yes, an irrational fear or hatred of homosexuality or a homosexual person, to the point that you would actually remove yourself from an otherwise comfortable establishment, is the very definition of "homophobia". I don't see another way to look at it tbh.
    as the ‘poster’ in question, let me inform you that neither my mate nor myself experienced any fear whatsoever – rational or irrational, in the bar,
    neither was there any hatred towards anyone or anything.
    indeed our reaction, once we got outside the door, was one of mirth –
    ‘what the f***’ LOL!!!!!
    ‘of all the f*****g bars in Amersterdam, how did we wind up in this joint ?’ LOL!!!!!
    & we set off in search of the nearest 'ordinary' bar.
    that's all there was to it.

    as your diagnosis was based on false assumptions, I would respestfully suggest to you that your conclusion is invalid.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #70
    Roll_On Roll_On is offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,633

    Quote Originally Posted by mangaire1 View Post
    as the ‘poster’ in question, let me inform you that neither my mate nor myself experienced any fear whatsoever – rational or irrational, in the bar,
    neither was there any hatred towards anyone or anything.
    indeed our reaction, once we got outside the door, was one of mirth –
    ‘what the f***’ LOL!!!!!
    ‘of all the f*****g bars in Amersterdam, how did we wind up in this joint ?’ LOL!!!!!
    & we set off in search of the nearest 'ordinary' bar.
    that's all there was to it.

    as your diagnosis was based on false assumptions, I would respestfully suggest to you that your conclusion is invalid.
    You said you drank up and left as fast as you could. Why was this? were you in a rush for another reason?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment