Register to Comment
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree159Likes
    Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by realistic1 View Post
    ... If these advocates want EU Citizens to be more accommodating to immigrants/refugees, they themselves have to show leadership and actually show their commitment to what they advocate. ...

They should introduce each family in public meetings as they arrive, at least, so that those who are interested can know what they're good at.

It's like windmills and social housing, refugees are being dumped here and there with no consultation because politicians are worried about any group of 5 protesters. Handled properly, all these "intrusions" can be assimilated.

No, I haven't seen any roma-type beggars in D4. Plenty in D1.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by McTell View Post
    They should introduce each family in public meetings as they arrive, at least, so that those who are interested can know what they're good at.

It's like windmills and social housing, refugees are being dumped here and there with no consultation because politicians are worried about any group of 5 protesters. Handled properly, all these "intrusions" can be assimilated.

The above is a valid point and by the advocates of mass immigration engaging in such actions, they are causing more resentment towards migrants/refugees.

Quote Originally Posted by artfoley56 View Post
    The most this thread proves is that neither side in this argument knows the difference between a refugee and an asylum seeker
    Have you seen or heard of a prominent advocate of the Immigrant/refugee cause, showing genuine leadership. e.g. housing a migrant/refugee etc.

I live in D4 and there are roma beggers at the supermarket on and off, no chance of them being neighbours or in the local schools though , we built "a wall" its called property prices

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by silverharp View Post
    I live in D4 and there are roma beggers at the supermarket on and off, no chance of them being neighbours or in the local schools though , we built "a wall" its called property prices

LOL Is nothing sacred?

LOL Is nothing sacred?
    I assume they are dropped off as part of their begging rackets, more annoyed with any fools who give them money

The current mass immigration into the EU is now a daily occurrence on our media. We have all heard numerous Commentators, Politicians, NGO/Charity leaders, Religious leaders and Celebrities advocating for immigrants and condemning the lack of action by EU States etc. My question is apart from talk, have these advocates of mass immigration actually taken in immigrants/refugees into their homes or made large donations to help the plight of Refugees/ immigrants? If these advocates want EU Citizens to be more accommodating to immigrants/refugees, they themselves have to show leadership and actually show their commitment to what they advocate. The below is one of the few examples of genuine help from these advocates. Would be interested to see more examples. While I am at it have any P.ie posters helped Refugees/immigrants?

Celebrities Fed Up with Refugee Crisis
    The British and Irish middle class tend to be liberal, leftist and pro-immigration because in their simplistic politically correct world view, not to be would be a simple manifestation of racism. They'll shout from the rafters about how evil Farage was, how Brexit was a mistake and not the democratic will of the people of the UK, but a racist plot perpetrated by racists, and how we should fling the borders wide open and let all Syrian refugees and economic immigrants into the UK and Ireland, because multiculturalism is great, and if you oppose it you're an obvious and blatant racist.

Ireland is becoming increasingly like the UK. Dublin and its satellite towns are in multicultural meltdown. Here in the north Belfast is becoming more like London, and many parts of the UK are indistinguishable from any town in Asia, Africa, the Middle East or Eastern Europe. Yet if you voice concerns about the level of immigration, you're a racist. If what has been happening with EU membership and mass immigration had been happening in the towns and cities of the countries where the immigrants and refugees emanate from, do you not think the residents of those towns/cities would be voicing concerns?

The people of the UK made the right choice with Brexit. However, although that may reduce EU immigration, it is not necessarily going to reduce immigration from outside of the EU. If Ireland wants to prevent itself from becoming UK mark II, a serious consideration of EU withdrawal would be a good start, and a cap on the number of genuine refugees who are authentically fleeing war, persecution and economic hardship being accepted by the country can only make things better.

Personally, I'm not anti-immigration or anti-refugee. Merely someone who has seen what mass immigration has done to the socio-cultural fabric of the UK and Ireland, understand that Brexit was a consequence of UK EU membership and EU immigration policy, and foresee a similar situation developing in Ireland where increasing numbers of people are becoming increasingly disenchanted with the EU project and the refugee crisis which has been caused by American and British foreign policy.

Quote Originally Posted by silverharp View Post
    I assume they are dropped off as part of their begging rackets, more annoyed with any fools who give them money
    It is kinda revolting how we simply cannot remove the career criminal element in the Roma, stripping cars for parts, burglary, slave labour, prostitution,welfare fraud, working with local traveller crime families, epic shop lifting feats,

What do we do ? provide free housing and opportunities to rob us plus social welfare to boot, classic enablers ignoring criminal reality.

The best part is we are an Island and can easily control whomever we deem fit to enter and should easily find those we don't and deport them , I still cannot understand how biometric ID is not compulsory as it is in the States.

The current mass immigration into the EU is now a daily occurrence on our media. We have all heard numerous Commentators, Politicians, NGO/Charity leaders, Religious leaders and Celebrities advocating for immigrants and condemning the lack of action by EU States etc. My question is apart from talk, have these advocates of mass immigration actually taken in immigrants/refugees into their homes or made large donations to help the plight of Refugees/ immigrants? If these advocates want EU Citizens to be more accommodating to immigrants/refugees, they themselves have to show leadership and actually show their commitment to what they advocate. The below is one of the few examples of genuine help from these advocates. Would be interested to see more examples. While I am at it have any P.ie posters helped Refugees/immigrants?

Celebrities Fed Up with Refugee Crisis
    Should homeless campaigners talk homeless people in?

If people want to lobby a Government or Governments then they should without being held to the same account themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by storybud1 View Post
    It is kinda revolting how we simply cannot remove the career criminal element in the Roma, stripping cars for parts, burglary, slave labour, prostitution,welfare fraud, working with local traveller crime families, epic shop lifting feats,

What do we do ? provide free housing and opportunities to rob us plus social welfare to boot, classic enablers ignoring criminal reality.

The best part is we are an Island and can easily control whomever we deem fit to enter and should easily find those we don't and deport them , I still cannot understand how biometric ID is not compulsory as it is in the States.
    Free movement from these countries has been a joke and is just another reason why people should take their countries back

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment