Register to Comment
Page 76 of 1080 FirstFirst ... 26 667475767778 86 126 176 576 1076 ... LastLast
Like Tree3708Likes

Quote Originally Posted by L'Chaim View Post
    Not until it is born and takes it's first breath does it become a human being.
    David is an important person to the Jews.

Psalm 139 are David's words

For You have formed my inward parts; You have covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

The scientist they are all talking about on here, Jérôme Lejeune, was a staunch Catholic and and not only an opponent of abortion but a staunch fighter for the pro-life cause. He even opposed women using contraception. He was the pope's go to Scientist. Maybe that scientist was a religious loon, eh?
    The man is a Nobel prize winning scientist, regardless of his religion, but never mind him, what about practically every other Embryologists, every embryology text book and every biologist in the world all agreeing human life, a particular human life starts at fertilisation?

Are they all just Catholics out to do your particular brand of first breath nuttery down?

You are a religious nut unable to deal with the scientifically established facts, not worth the effort of reasoned debate, but you keep throwing up the deflection nonsense and I'll keep knocking it down.

Consult any of these human-embryology texts, Moore and Persaud’s The Developing Human, Larsen’s Human Embryology, Carlson’s Human Embryology & Developmental Biology, and O’Rahilly and Mueller’s Human Embryology & Teratology.

Check them carefully though, they may be catholic, one can never be too careful with universally accepted embryology textbooks.
    Last edited by tonic; 22nd August 2016 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tonic View Post
    The man is a Nobel prize winning scientist, regardless of his religion, but never mind him, what about practically every other Embryologists, every embryology text book and every biologist in the world all agreeing human life, a particular human life starts at fertilisation?

Are they all just Catholics out to do your particular brand of first breath nuttery down?

You are a religious nut unable to deal with the scientifically established facts, not worth the effort of reasoned debate, but you keep throwing up the deflection nonsense and I'll keep knocking it down.
    Odd you haven't knocked anything down yet. Maybe you just have too high an opinion of yourself. Where you go wrong is you confuse 'life begins' with 'born alive'. A person does not include the unborn and the unborn does not have equal status with neither the mother or anybody else until it is born and takes its first breath

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Is this some sort of mantra you keep repeating as you hop your head off the wailing wall .....or something?
    It's what he thinks his religion tells him to say.

Quote Originally Posted by gerhard dengler View Post
    David is an important person to the Jews.

Psalm 139 are David's words
    Indeed! Start a thread on it

Odd you haven't knocked anything down yet. Maybe you just have too high an opinion of yourself. Where you go wrong is you confuse 'life begins' with 'born alive'. A person does not include the unborn and the unborn does not have equal status with neither the mother or anybody else until it is born and takes its first breath
    Twisting again.

A new & unique human life begins at fertilisation. That's the science of it, established and proven. Disprove away if you can, but stick with the science, I've no interest in religion, yours or anyone else's.

Odd you haven't knocked anything down yet. Maybe you just have too high an opinion of yourself.
    What I have is a list a mile long of embryologists, biologists, medics & their text books agreeing with me, while you have SFA agreeing with you.

What I have is a list a mile long of embryologists, biologists, medics & their text books agreeing with me, while you have SFA agreeing with you.
    Sounds a bit like mob rule there, or something out of the wild west. Can you not think for yourself eh. You like being led eh?

Quote Originally Posted by good dog View Post
    If they do exist and one of them had a termination, does the father of the now dead foetus know it was his? Or does the woman know who the father was? Did she get pregnant just to carry out this stunt? Has she had a few previous abortions?
    A leading light of the "pro-lifers" on here no doubt.

Twisting again.

A new & unique human life begins at fertilisation. That's the science of it, established and proven. Disprove away if you can, but stick with the science, I've no interest in religion, yours or anyone else's.

I'm not arguing religion at all. Initially my only reference to my religion was that my religion allows abortion. I do know that the scientist everybody was talking about on here was a very religious man, whose conclusions were biased towards his religious beliefs. I don't hold him in high regard in relation to abortion. But hey, if there's a referendum, let all the anti-abortionists argue the "life begins at fertilisation' and 'abortion is murder" and watch abortion being introduced here soon after the result

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment