Register to Comment
Page 576 of 1330 FirstFirst ... 76 476 526 566574575576577578 586 626 676 1076 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,760 of 13293
Like Tree4396Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    The IT would have claimed "tens of thousands" if that were the case. They're only claiming "thousands", and sure there's that many man-hating hairy lezzers in Dublin, and they can always be relied on to turn up for one of these outings. Anybody else turn up?
    See the post above.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin J. Hamilton View Post
    The idiots are those who fall for this repeal populism, why don't those behind it have the honesty to admit they want unlimited abortion on demand, tell your sheep the truth.
    Sheep? what , are you a conspiracy nut as well as a religious nut?

Quote Originally Posted by The_SR View Post
    See the post above.
    But you forget that the extremists on the other side will have a similar effect. Anyway, if there is to be a meaningful public discussion the access of the extremists on both sides to the media will have to be restricted to what their numbers, not their noise level, warrants. And don't forget, the repealers still have to come up with an agreed position on what will replace the 8th - and looking at this motley crew there are the proverbial two chances of that happening.

They are a bit shook. Huge numbers on a poxy day, the realisation the repeal movement is something they underestimated is hilarious
    Its a hangover from the days when the loons ran the asylum, they still think they have the common consensus.

Hard to tell but I would estimate the expected 20,000 was comfortably achieved
    Looked more like 5 or 6 thousand but then you are well known for bullú$%^&*

The Journal now reporting "thousands despite the horrible weather". When the excuses come this early in the evening the turnout must have been dismal.

But is it not reasonable to reserve one's position as to how a law should be framed to deal with a particular situation if we cannot come up with an example of such a situation? But if you insist on my dealing with the hypothetical, then the law should be framed so as to ensure the mother lives.
    I do. Thank you. And as you haven't addressed the rescue situation (which is not that unlikely to occur and has I'm sure occurred many times in the past) I'm assuming you would apply the same principle here - that the law, policies and guidlelines should be framed to allow the rescue worker to give preference to born human beings over unborn lives.

But, as I have said, since we are dealing with two viable human lives I cannot provide you with a logical, rational, objective reason for my adopting that position, it is an emotional response. And being a purely emotional response it does not provide us with any guidance that would enable the formulation of any general principle, not does it say anything about the relative worth of any two human lives. In other words, it does not establish that the unborn are of lesser value than the born.
    It doesn't really matter whether your reasons are solely logical or rational (I would argue that we can't resolve moral dilemmas solely on the basis of logic/rationality anyway - we are not robots), the fact is that it is your moral judgment that when it comes to a conflict or a competition for life between a born person and an unborn human life, the morally right thing to do is to give preference to the born person's life. And incidentally we don't have to say that this is because the foetus is of less worth, we could base this on the life of the foetus being more uncertain - the foetus(es) mightn't make it anyway, which would be a reason for giving preference to the life of the person that has made it through the birth stage.

I agree with this moral judgment obviously and I think that this is in fact what almost everyone feels (although many on the pro-life side would refuse to admit this, preferring to avoid questions).

So clearly the pro-life claim that the foetus is entitled to the same right to life as a born human being fails - virtually no-one really thinks this. At the least, this claim needs to be revised to "the foetus has a right to life with the qualification that where there is a conflict between the right to life of a foetus and a born person, the right of the latter is greater".

Would you agree with this, before we go any further? (I don't think Tonic would disagree with this btw).

The Journal now reporting "thousands despite the horrible weather". When the excuses come this early in the evening the turnout must have been dismal.
    Slags.

Quote Originally Posted by damus View Post
    Yet, the term FFA is used several times in the final consultation report on the development of a maternity strategy Jan 2016.
    It may be used in the consultation report - thanks to various contributions from interested groups - but it's not mentioned in the final Report.

National Maternity Strategy
    2016-2026

That tells us all we need to know about "FFA".... and about your attempt at spin.

Quote Originally Posted by benroe View Post
    Sheep? what , are you a conspiracy nut as well as a religious nut?

theres no conspiracy,
    the people pushing abortion are lying about their true goal of unlimited abortion on demand while bandying around hard cases like rape,incest and fatal feotal abnormality to draw the gullable.

As for religious nut,
    im an agnostic that who finds it hard to believe in a bearded man in the sky, although i find the bearded dweller in the sky much easier to believe than your bearded leader from Belfast.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment