Register to Comment
Page 390 of 390 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390
Results 3,891 to 3,897 of 3897
Like Tree2048Likes
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

The wife of the murderer has been arrested in San francisco and is going to be sent back to Florida to face charges in relation to the killings. She is suspected of aiding and abetting her husband Omar Mateen, who was killed in a shootout with police, as well as obstructing justice.
    Orlando Pulse nightclub: Gunman's wife arrested - BBC News

Quote Originally Posted by L'Chaim View Post
    The wife of the murderer has been arrested in San francisco and is going to be sent back to Florida to face charges in relation to the killings. She is suspected of aiding and abetting her husband Omar Mateen, who was killed in a shootout with police, as well as obstructing justice.
    Under such circumstances, I would prefer a judge-only trial if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Chaim View Post
    Orlando Pulse nightclub: Gunman's wife arrested - BBC News

Pulse shooter's wife to stand trial in Orlando

The wife of Omar Mateen, the gunman who killed 49 people at an Orlando nightclub last year in the name of ISIS, will stand trial in the Florida city, a judge ordered Wednesday.

Noor Salman’s attorneys had filed a motion in September to have her trial moved to another city, claiming that media coverage of her husband’s attack and remarks from Orlando Police Chief John Mina wouldn’t allow her to have a fair trial, according to WESH.

Salman has been charged with providing material support to a terror organization and obstruction of justice, the Orlando Sentinel reported.
    Salman knew about her husband's plan before the shooting and how he pledged allegiance to the Islamic State terror group, prosecutors said. She shopped with her husband the night before the attack when he bought five containers of ammunition, a source close to the investigation told Fox News.
    Pulse nightclub shooter's wife to stand trial in Orlando | Fox News

I don't think moving her trial to a different city is going to have much of an impact, given the nationwide coverage.
    I wonder if she will be pleading the 'my husband made me do it' line ?

So it was terrorism?

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Mac View Post
    So it was terrorism?
    How could it have been anything else? Or do you mean was it carried out by Muslims? Your post is confusing Mick. Even if the gunman was a single whit male shooting white heterosexuals, it would still have been terrorism I.e. It caused terror.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher2 View Post
    How could it have been anything else? Or do you mean was it carried out by Muslims? Your post is confusing Mick. Even if the gunman was a single whit male shooting white heterosexuals, it would still have been terrorism I.e. It caused terror.
    Well I think what he means here is was it politically motivated terrorism. Comes down to the motive of the shooter.
    Was it someone who simply hated gays.
    Was there some ideology behind it... biblical.... racial purity.... islamic etc.
    Of course an amok driver can cause terror by speeding up the wrong side of a motorway... but it might be inaccurate to call him a terrorist.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment